Syria rocked by double bombing
Two suicide bombers blew up cars rigged with explosives near a military compound and a Syrian hotel on Monday, killing at least nine people and wounding over a hundred.
State-run news agency Sana said security forces and civilians were among those killed in the north-western city of Idlib.
Syria's pro-government al-Ekhbariya TV aired footage of the aftermath from the blasts, showing torn flesh, smashed cars, twisted debris and blood stains on the pavement.
The force of the explosions tore the facade of one multistorey building, shattered windows in the area and sent debris flying for hundreds of metres.
The apparent targets - a military compound and the Carlton Hotel - are several hundred... read more
Most read news
- 00:37 Police arrest Woolwich murder suspect's 'friend' amid claims MI5...
- 00:34 LAURA ROBSON TO FACE CAROLINE WOZNIACKI AT FRENCH OPEN
- 00:18 Simon Cowell admits parts of Britain's Got Talent this year have...
- 00:08 Restaurant review: Angel’s Share, Edinburgh
- 00:08 It’s all fright now at The Edinburgh Dungeon
- 00:08 Book reviews: Algerian Chronicles | Why Can’t a Woman Be More Like...
- 00:08 Book review: Constance by Patrick McGrath
- 00:08 TV preview: Up the Women | David Bowie | Psychobitches
- 23:28 Stars and gripes: Manchester City put David Beckham's dream of...
- 23:20 Teenagers arrested over attack on mosque