Tammam Azzam's Kiss: an unromantic commentary on the the Syrian conflict
A kiss for the whole world … Tammam Azzam's version of the Klimt masterpiece. Photograph courtesy of the artist and Ayyam Gallery Love is the drug for the best and most effective political art. The powerful and hilarious Berlin Wall graffiti picture that showed a fraternal kiss between Communist leaders Leonid Brezhnev and Erich Honecker became a world-famous work of dissenting art. Banksy emulated its cheek in his mural Kissing Coppers. Now the Syrian artist Tammam Azzam has enlisted one of the greatest kisses in art to protest against his country's suffering in a war watched passively... read more
- 02:02 Chelsea transfer news: Blues want Jamie Vardy and Mousa Dembele,...
- 01:58 Nutmeg grater exhibition opens in Bristol
- 01:53 Sunderland v Stoke City: No resentment from me insists Phil Bardsley
- 01:51 Two people die in house fire in Merseyside
- 01:40 Celtic boss Ronny Deila faces the sack even if he wins the treble,...
- 01:37 Neiman Marcus website suffers outage on Black Friday: CNBC
- 01:35 Turkey-Russia jet downing: Moscow beefs up defences in Syria
- 01:16 Microsoft's Gates to start multi-billion-dollar clean tech initiative
- 01:02 Jurgen Klopp scoops his very first trophy as manager of...
- 00:57 100 Women 2015: Return of a topless rebel