The £16m drug smuggler
A WIGAN man was appearing at the Old Bailey today accused of involvement in a massive cocaine smuggling operation.
Liam Patrick Dooney was arrested on the concourse of London Euston railway station by specialist police officers from the Serious Organised Crime Agency (SOCA) on May 11 as he waited for a train home after enjoying watching Wigan Athletic win the FA Cup Final.
The 40-year-old’s detention followed the discovery of a major haul of the Class A drug in a shipping container newly arrived at Tilbury Docks. It is believed that the steel box, which had originated in South America, contained hundreds of kilos of high grade cocaine with a street value in excess of £16m.
Dooney, who... read more
Most read news
- 01:04 Alice Gross Police Find Body In River Brent
- 01:00 Meet the megaflare: Nasa spots record flare 10,000 times more...
- 00:59 Eleven 'Right to Build' areas chosen
- 00:57 Paris Fashion Week: Sarah Burton stamps her aesthetic on Alexander...
- 00:55 U.S. attorney general criticizes Apple, Google data encryption
- 00:48 Manuel Pellegrini laments 'easy' goal for Roma's Francesco Totti...
- 00:48 Basle vs Liverpool: Team news, kick-off time, probable line-ups,...
- 00:48 NFL to turn on poppy power at Wembley as Jacksonville Jaguars and...
- 00:31 Hubby is the same age as my DAD! Newly-weds with a 31 year age gap
- 00:24 Postcard from... Normandy