The £16m drug smuggler
A WIGAN man was appearing at the Old Bailey today accused of involvement in a massive cocaine smuggling operation.
Liam Patrick Dooney was arrested on the concourse of London Euston railway station by specialist police officers from the Serious Organised Crime Agency (SOCA) on May 11 as he waited for a train home after enjoying watching Wigan Athletic win the FA Cup Final.
The 40-year-old’s detention followed the discovery of a major haul of the Class A drug in a shipping container newly arrived at Tilbury Docks. It is believed that the steel box, which had originated in South America, contained hundreds of kilos of high grade cocaine with a street value in excess of £16m.
Dooney, who... read more
Most read news
- 06:38 Stricken fighter is ‘improving’
- 06:35 Landlords warned over tenant checks
- 06:35 Public start to have their say on plans for new National Grid...
- 06:35 Lancaster business trainer launches guide to selling with a Heart
- 06:33 Abused while I was in care - Rotherham victim tells her story
- 06:32 Islamic State Releases Turkish Hostages
- 06:27 Sunderland has North east’s worst record on gas safety
- 06:27 Weird and wonderful scarecrows on show
- 06:27 Heroin addict went on shoplifting trips during lapse
- 06:24 Joey’s Great North Run