The £16m drug smuggler
A WIGAN man was appearing at the Old Bailey today accused of involvement in a massive cocaine smuggling operation.
Liam Patrick Dooney was arrested on the concourse of London Euston railway station by specialist police officers from the Serious Organised Crime Agency (SOCA) on May 11 as he waited for a train home after enjoying watching Wigan Athletic win the FA Cup Final.
The 40-year-old’s detention followed the discovery of a major haul of the Class A drug in a shipping container newly arrived at Tilbury Docks. It is believed that the steel box, which had originated in South America,... read more
- 15:30 Astrologers predict New Hampshire results: whoever wins will be...
- 15:26 The ‘Uber of massage’ will deliver massage to your door or office...
- 15:23 US STOCKS-Wall St turn positive after weak start as tech rebounds
- 15:19 UK grab for tariffs boosted European solar panel sales in 2015 -...
- 15:15 Age UK and E.ON suspend controversial tariff for pensioners
- 15:05 The top ten investing mistakes that savers fall prey to - and how...
- 15:05 How much should a man spend on an engagement ring? One in five...
- 15:04 Fiat Chrysler's 500X SUV has excess emissions - German lobby group
- 13:13 Arsenal youngster Reiss Nelson impresses in front of watching...
- 10:49 Liverpool could tie up deal for first summer signing this week