The £16m drug smuggler
A WIGAN man was appearing at the Old Bailey today accused of involvement in a massive cocaine smuggling operation.
Liam Patrick Dooney was arrested on the concourse of London Euston railway station by specialist police officers from the Serious Organised Crime Agency (SOCA) on May 11 as he waited for a train home after enjoying watching Wigan Athletic win the FA Cup Final.
The 40-year-old’s detention followed the discovery of a major haul of the Class A drug in a shipping container newly arrived at Tilbury Docks. It is believed that the steel box, which had originated in South America,... read more
- 11:27 Northern Ireland law on abortion ruled as 'incompatible with human...
- 11:27 Is the Moto X Force REALLY shatterproof? MailOnline puts the claims...
- 11:24 Lights, camels and action as Christmas comes to South Shields
- 11:17 REVEALED: The top ten grossing Bond films of all time
- 11:17 Fishing Republic to open new Hull store
- 11:16 Sweden refuses to order ISP to block Pirate Bay
- 11:15 EU seeks to reduce capital-raising costs for companies
- 11:15 Ornamental sword stolen in Huddersfield burglary
- 11:08 You CAN eat carbs and fat, calories DO matter even when...
- 10:28 Mass panic at Strathmore University in Nairobi after shots fired as...