The £16m drug smuggler
A WIGAN man was appearing at the Old Bailey today accused of involvement in a massive cocaine smuggling operation.
Liam Patrick Dooney was arrested on the concourse of London Euston railway station by specialist police officers from the Serious Organised Crime Agency (SOCA) on May 11 as he waited for a train home after enjoying watching Wigan Athletic win the FA Cup Final.
The 40-year-old’s detention followed the discovery of a major haul of the Class A drug in a shipping container newly arrived at Tilbury Docks. It is believed that the steel box, which had originated in South America, contained hundreds of kilos of high grade cocaine with a street value in excess of £16m.
Dooney, who... read more
Most read news
- 21:10 Jürgen Klopp relishing Champions League ‘holiday’ against Arsenal
- 21:09 Nani shows exactly why Manchester United want him back with...
- 20:52 Jurassic World trailer promises scariest dinosaur film yet
- 20:39 Chelsea clear to sign £200m Lionel Messi as rivals Bayern Munich...
- 20:35 Jurgen Klopp insists Borussia Dortmund will show no mercy to...
- 20:35 Chelsea News: Ex-Blues star to Man Utd, Pogba blow, Giovinco latest
- 20:35 TRANSFER NEWS: Man Utd's SECRET talks with Robben, Chelsea's Pogba...
- 20:07 LINE-UPS: Courtois back for Chelsea, Arsenal target starts for Schalke
- 18:58 Schalke vs Chelsea and APOEL vs Barcelona Champions League LIVE:...
- 18:29 Five people taken to hospital after smash on A75 near Annan