The £16m drug smuggler
A WIGAN man was appearing at the Old Bailey today accused of involvement in a massive cocaine smuggling operation.
Liam Patrick Dooney was arrested on the concourse of London Euston railway station by specialist police officers from the Serious Organised Crime Agency (SOCA) on May 11 as he waited for a train home after enjoying watching Wigan Athletic win the FA Cup Final.
The 40-year-old’s detention followed the discovery of a major haul of the Class A drug in a shipping container newly arrived at Tilbury Docks. It is believed that the steel box, which had originated in South America,... read more
- 16:28 Get FREE flowers when you buy Scunthorpe Telegraph from our High...
- 16:19 How to promote mindfulness in Scotland's schools
- 16:02 Police appeal for help in tracing missing mother and her son, five
- 15:59 Sho brings the holiday magic to Hawick
- 15:37 Arsene Wenger: Why Arsenal players surprised me
- 15:35 Strongman out of contest after dropping 125kg weight on big toe
- 15:33 PC Dave Phillips: family pay tribute at press conference - live...
- 15:25 Paris Jackson and boyfriend Chester Castellaw can't hide their...
- 15:23 Liverpool held Memphis Depay talks prior to Manchester United...
- 13:51 Nas – 10 of the best