The £16m drug smuggler
A WIGAN man was appearing at the Old Bailey today accused of involvement in a massive cocaine smuggling operation.
Liam Patrick Dooney was arrested on the concourse of London Euston railway station by specialist police officers from the Serious Organised Crime Agency (SOCA) on May 11 as he waited for a train home after enjoying watching Wigan Athletic win the FA Cup Final.
The 40-year-old’s detention followed the discovery of a major haul of the Class A drug in a shipping container newly... read more
- 05:03 Two years into Rouhani presidency, Iranians ask for more
- 04:57 Immigration department dismiss Manus bus hijacking by father of...
- 04:57 Tony Abbott says cruise operator's claim of advice to sack...
- 04:50 Canning byelection: Liberal candidate Andrew Hastie takes one for...
- 04:50 Jitters as Australian economy grows by just 0.2% in June quarter
- 04:47 Migrant crisis: Thousands arrive in mainland Greece
- 04:34 Flight of the Conchords the musical is coming, says Jemaine Clements
- 04:23 Frances Tiafoe, presumptive future of American tennis, shows well...
- 04:16 They lack ambition! Martin Keown slams Arsenal's 'missed...
- 04:13 Andy Murray tames Aussie bad boy Nick Kyrgios as British No 1 gets...