The £16m drug smuggler
A WIGAN man was appearing at the Old Bailey today accused of involvement in a massive cocaine smuggling operation.
Liam Patrick Dooney was arrested on the concourse of London Euston railway station by specialist police officers from the Serious Organised Crime Agency (SOCA) on May 11 as he waited for a train home after enjoying watching Wigan Athletic win the FA Cup Final.
The 40-year-old’s detention followed the discovery of a major haul of the Class A drug in a shipping container newly... read more
- 00:32 Keeper Foderingham targets Champions League with Rangers
- 00:31 Power of sun generates record level of electricity
- 00:30 Srebrenica killing fields slowly give up the dead
- 00:27 The special water flown in for Princess Charlotte
- 00:23 Microchip in chest alerts doctors of heart trouble
- 00:20 Grexit woes may spare UK investors
- 00:09 BREAKING: Enstone aircraft crash kills two people
- 23:24 Great balls of fur! Northern giant mouse lemur has testicles so...
- 23:06 Brendon McCullum hits record 158 for Birmingham Bears against...
- 22:42 Celtic new boy Dedryck Boyata loving the Parkhead club's special...