The £16m drug smuggler
A WIGAN man was appearing at the Old Bailey today accused of involvement in a massive cocaine smuggling operation.
Liam Patrick Dooney was arrested on the concourse of London Euston railway station by specialist police officers from the Serious Organised Crime Agency (SOCA) on May 11 as he waited for a train home after enjoying watching Wigan Athletic win the FA Cup Final.
The 40-year-old’s detention followed the discovery of a major haul of the Class A drug in a shipping container newly arrived at Tilbury Docks. It is believed that the steel box, which had originated in South America, contained hundreds of kilos of high grade cocaine with a street value in excess of £16m.
Dooney, who... read more
Most read news
- 19:01 Darko Milanic sacked by Leeds United after just 32 DAYS in charge...
- 19:00 Can UKIP win seats in Hull and East Riding at the general election?
- 18:54 Sunderland glass centre up for top tourism award
- 18:44 Little Mix to appear at Wembley before NFL game
- 18:35 Erik Lamela's rabona goal showed off Tottenham star's skill... but...
- 18:32 Morgan Amalfitano and Enner Valencia mistakenly celebrate West Ham...
- 18:31 Leeds United lose way after impressive first half
- 18:31 Ex-treasurer is new patron at Glendale Gateway Trust
- 18:30 Leeds SACK boss Darko Milanic and appont Neil Redfearn as his...
- 18:06 Who won the £150m Euromillions last night?