The Kumars are coming back after six-year absence... but they've downsized from of 42
THE Kumars is returning to television in the autumn after a six-year absence.
The BBC2 show featuring comedy actors Sanjeev Bhaskar, 48, and real-life wife Meera Syal, 50, ran for seven series and won an International Emmy in 2002.
Back then it was called The Kumars at No.42 which saw the chat show set in a house in Wembley, but in the new series for Sky1, the family have fallen on hard times.
Forced to down-size as a result of the economic downturn, The Kumars are now living in a flat in Hounslow, behind the gift shop that Dad, Ashwin, now runs.
Host Sanjeev is divorced from his wife of nearly two years, Bindiya, but they share custody of their precocious 8 year old daughter.
Ashwin has... read more
Most read news
- 13:18 Top planner ‘admitted case against Next was ‘weak’
- 13:18 College plan for Don Valley Stadium site
- 13:17 Women in art: why are all the 'great' artists men?
- 13:13 Price of Xbox One may be less than 360 say insiders
- 13:12 Prince William welcomes UEFA to London as Platini presents future...
- 13:03 Video: Woolwich attack suspect was 'completely normal', says friend
- 11:57 Moyes to begin United revolution as Phelan and coach Steele face...
- 11:40 STOKE NEW MANAGER DECISION HAS BET365 AT ODDS
- 10:35 Stoke midfielder Steven Nzonzi hands in transfer request
- 09:26 Serious accident at Camblesforth