The White Queen: Rebecca Ferguson scoops lead role in BBC adaptation of Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War novels
Swedish model and actress Rebecca Ferguson has landed the biggest television role of the year.
She has been cast to play The White Queen in a mammoth ten-part BBC drama based on Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War novels about the women of the Wars of the Roses.
Rebecca, who is based in Stockholm, did audition after audition, joining scores of other actresses up for the role of Elizabeth Woodville, a widowed Lancastrian commoner with two children who falls in love with Edward IV, a member of the family of York.
The actress did her final audition on Bank Holiday Monday with Max Irons, who had already been signed to portray Edward. By 7.15am on Tuesday, she was told the role was hers.... read more
Most read news
- 03:25 Marcus Wareing: 'I have high standards but that's how it should be'
- 03:21 Call for alcohol firms to put calories on labels
- 03:20 Benedetti says pupils must listen to classical
- 03:20 'Poorest students up to £840 a year worse off'
- 03:17 World's End trial hears of DNA evidence in underwear
- 03:17 7,000 foreigners caught speeding
- 03:17 Clare's Law to reveal history of alleged domestic violence
- 03:17 Racist ripped off Muslim's veil
- 03:17 Doctor admits to indecent images
- 03:17 Stamp collector jailed over images