The White Queen: Rebecca Ferguson scoops lead role in BBC adaptation of Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War novels
Swedish model and actress Rebecca Ferguson has landed the biggest television role of the year.
She has been cast to play The White Queen in a mammoth ten-part BBC drama based on Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War novels about the women of the Wars of the Roses.
Rebecca, who is based in Stockholm, did audition after audition, joining scores of other actresses up for the role of Elizabeth Woodville, a widowed Lancastrian commoner with two children who falls in love with Edward IV, a member of the family of York.
The actress did her final audition on Bank Holiday Monday with Max Irons, who had already been signed to portray Edward. By 7.15am on Tuesday, she was told the role was hers.... read more
Most read news
- 00:29 'I want girls to love themselves': Kate Hudson on body image and...
- 00:25 Sir David warns of 'animal erosion'
- 00:21 Smoking costs England £1bn per year in care alone
- 00:21 Elderly spend weeks too long in hospitals due to lack of housing,...
- 00:21 Tens of thousands of patients given drugs they're known to be...
- 00:19 Roy Hodgson seeks the elusive elixir as he tries to restore England...
- 00:19 Arsenal's new signing Danny Welbeck is going to be a top Gunner
- 00:19 It's a dream to play in the Premier League: Falcao promises glory...
- 00:18 Penicuik House to become major Scottish attraction
- 00:09 'I'm happier than I've ever been': Celebrity Big Brother’s White...