The White Queen: Rebecca Ferguson scoops lead role in BBC adaptation of Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War novels
Swedish model and actress Rebecca Ferguson has landed the biggest television role of the year.
She has been cast to play The White Queen in a mammoth ten-part BBC drama based on Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War novels about the women of the Wars of the Roses.
Rebecca, who is based in Stockholm, did audition after audition, joining scores of other actresses up for the role of Elizabeth Woodville, a widowed Lancastrian commoner with two children who falls in love with Edward IV, a member of the family of York.
The actress did her final audition on Bank Holiday Monday with Max Irons, who had already been signed to portray Edward. By 7.15am on Tuesday, she was told the role was hers.... read more
Most read news
- 18:17 Merseyside medics join Ebola fight in West Africa
- 18:13 Bin lorry driver crushed to death by his own truck
- 18:12 Christian Eriksen strikes late for Tottenham to sink 10-man Hull City
- 18:12 Former British soldier believed to be fighting for Kurds in the...
- 18:11 Arsene Wenger must change or he will be sacked by Arsenal
- 18:00 Hull 1-2 Tottenham: Christian Eriksen scores late winner for Spurs...
- 17:40 Falcao returns to Man Utd training
- 17:23 Radamel Falcao hands Manchester United fitness boost by returning...
- 17:03 If Celtic want to conquer a world, they will have to look beyond...
- 16:56 Olivier Giroud: Arsenal don't know how to close out a win