The White Queen: Rebecca Ferguson scoops lead role in BBC adaptation of Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War novels
Swedish model and actress Rebecca Ferguson has landed the biggest television role of the year.
She has been cast to play The White Queen in a mammoth ten-part BBC drama based on Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War novels about the women of the Wars of the Roses.
Rebecca, who is based in Stockholm, did audition after audition, joining scores of other actresses up for the role of Elizabeth Woodville, a widowed Lancastrian commoner with two children who falls in love with Edward IV, a member of the family of York.
The actress did her final audition on Bank Holiday Monday with Max Irons, who had already been signed to portray Edward. By 7.15am on Tuesday, she was told the role was hers.... read more
Most read news
- 15:56 Government under fire for being soft on Big Six green levy windfall
- 15:52 Bike Night revs up the coast
- 15:44 Blake Lively's Preserve lifestyle site: another pandering mess of...
- 15:43 Ministers warned over Scottish vote
- 15:39 Government borrowing is rising, but there is no sign of panic in...
- 15:38 Breaking: Body found in Doncaster quarry lake
- 15:18 Evil rapist behind bars
- 14:50 Why Arsene Wenger would have turned down the chance to sign...
- 12:16 Arsenal launch legal battle over number of concerts at Emirates...
- 11:31 Manchester United transfer news: Jurgen Klopp dismisses rumours...