The White Queen: Rebecca Ferguson scoops lead role in BBC adaptation of Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War novels
Swedish model and actress Rebecca Ferguson has landed the biggest television role of the year.
She has been cast to play The White Queen in a mammoth ten-part BBC drama based on Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War novels about the women of the Wars of the Roses.
Rebecca, who is based in Stockholm, did audition after audition, joining scores of other actresses up for the role of Elizabeth Woodville, a widowed Lancastrian commoner with two children who falls in love with Edward IV, a member of the family of York.
The actress did her final audition on Bank Holiday Monday with Max Irons, who had already been signed to portray Edward. By 7.15am on Tuesday, she was told the role was hers.... read more
Most read news
- 07:44 Driver cut free from car
- 07:42 Hartlepool folk urged to claim winter fuel cash
- 07:39 Manchester United v Chelsea: Louis van Gaal plays down role in Jose...
- 07:39 Everton FC's Samuel Eto'o ready to make an impact on the Premier...
- 07:39 Coutinho: Liverpool FC must improve and rediscover last season's form
- 07:39 Luis Suarez to make Barcelona debut against Real Madrid
- 07:39 Liverpool FC's Mario Balotelli is media 'whipping boy'
- 07:39 Barry Horne: Liverpool FC's Mario Balotelli running out of chances
- 07:39 RGC 'respect' Swansea but don't fear them
- 07:35 Saints winger North looking forward to Welsh reunion at the Gardens