The White Queen: Rebecca Ferguson scoops lead role in BBC adaptation of Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War novels
Swedish model and actress Rebecca Ferguson has landed the biggest television role of the year.
She has been cast to play The White Queen in a mammoth ten-part BBC drama based on Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War novels about the women of the Wars of the Roses.
Rebecca, who is based in Stockholm, did audition after audition, joining scores of other actresses up for the role of Elizabeth Woodville, a widowed Lancastrian commoner with two children who falls in love with Edward IV, a member of the family of York.
The actress did her final audition on Bank Holiday Monday with Max Irons, who had already been signed to portray Edward. By 7.15am on Tuesday, she was told the role was hers.... read more
- 04:00 Burglars flee Oundle house after being disturbed
- 03:21 Stubbs applying modern management methods to Hibs' bid to rewrite...
- 03:21 Celtic boss Ronny Deila insists TV companies can no longer be...
- 03:13 LETTER: Why bother with planners if views do not count?
- 03:12 World has just had the hottest March since 1880 - and climate...
- 03:12 How being poor can change your brain: Children from deprived...
- 03:12 Is colour the answer to jetlag? Researchers find that subtle hues...
- 03:10 Hundreds of Yorkshire farmers still need to register for payments
- 01:51 Chelsea v Manchester United Premier League: Team news, injury news,...
- 01:36 Nuts about coconuts: The 8 best tropical beauty products