The White Queen: Rebecca Ferguson scoops lead role in BBC adaptation of Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War novels
Swedish model and actress Rebecca Ferguson has landed the biggest television role of the year.
She has been cast to play The White Queen in a mammoth ten-part BBC drama based on Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War novels about the women of the Wars of the Roses.
Rebecca, who is based in Stockholm, did audition after audition, joining scores of other actresses up for the role of Elizabeth Woodville, a widowed Lancastrian commoner with two children who falls in love with Edward IV, a member of the family of York.
The actress did her final audition on Bank Holiday Monday with Max Irons, who had already been signed to portray Edward. By 7.15am on Tuesday, she was told the role was hers.... read more
Most read news
- 05:58 Climate activists warn BHP Billiton shareholders of coal's profit risk
- 05:53 IMF urges Japan to go ahead with planned tax hike next year
- 05:53 Sam Burgess named international rugby league player of year
- 05:42 Mexican security forces capture wife of top drug lord
- 05:33 Flats scheme for eyesore site
- 05:25 Paul Gallen tears into NRL on Twitter
- 05:20 Labour MP brands smart motorways 'not so smart'
- 05:20 Charity golf day in Warwickshire raises over £3,000
- 05:20 English Heritage places dozens of region's historic buildings on...
- 05:20 Support group of Japan's new trade minister spent funds at S&M bar