The White Queen: Rebecca Ferguson scoops lead role in BBC adaptation of Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War novels
Swedish model and actress Rebecca Ferguson has landed the biggest television role of the year.
She has been cast to play The White Queen in a mammoth ten-part BBC drama based on Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War novels about the women of the Wars of the Roses.
Rebecca, who is based in Stockholm, did audition after audition, joining scores of other actresses up for the role of Elizabeth Woodville, a widowed Lancastrian commoner with two children who falls in love with Edward IV, a member of the family of York.
The actress did her final audition on Bank Holiday Monday with Max Irons, who had already been signed to portray Edward. By 7.15am on Tuesday, she was told the role was hers.... read more
Most read news
- 23:41 Cardiff Blues 29 Glasgow 20: Cuthbert's brilliant try clinches...
- 23:41 Dylan Hartley: How red-card ban made me hungry again
- 23:41 O'Sullivan considers pulling out of Masters next month in bid to...
- 23:41 Castres 15 Ospreys 9: Biggar penalties not enough for Heineken Cup...
- 23:23 Sire de Grugy’s rapid progress can sire Tingle Creek win
- 23:23 Cycling World Cup: GB women smash own pursuit record – twice
- 23:23 Ashling O'Connor: Sport scholarship scheme must not be allowed to...
- 23:16 Ex-Barclays boss Diamond set be called in court case
- 23:15 The secret of Bayern's talent factory... and a Pep talk from inside...
- 23:06 Heineken Cup: Toulon test for Baxter’s boys as Harlequins battle to...