The White Queen: Rebecca Ferguson scoops lead role in BBC adaptation of Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War novels
Swedish model and actress Rebecca Ferguson has landed the biggest television role of the year.
She has been cast to play The White Queen in a mammoth ten-part BBC drama based on Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War novels about the women of the Wars of the Roses.
Rebecca, who is based in Stockholm, did audition after audition, joining scores of other actresses up for the role of Elizabeth Woodville, a widowed Lancastrian commoner with two children who falls in love with Edward IV, a member of the family of York.
The actress did her final audition on Bank Holiday Monday with Max Irons, who had already been signed to portray Edward. By 7.15am on Tuesday, she was told the role was hers.... read more
- 10:24 B&Q axes 60 stores and sacks UK boss after parent company...
- 10:23 MARKET REPORT: Brewer SABMiller stumble despite takeover talks
- 10:20 Top Gear: Guy Martin hints at replacing axed presenter Jeremy...
- 10:15 McDonald's is finally trialling all-day breakfast
- 09:55 B&Q jobs at risk in Hull? DIY giant to shut 60 stores
- 09:53 Police close off Bargate following collision
- 09:53 Agent of PSV Eindhoven star Memphis Depay denies Manchester United...
- 09:48 Nationwide blackout throws Turkey into chaos
- 09:20 Beer festival comes to Mapperley
- 09:17 Manchester United starlet Jesse Lingard scores for England U21s