The White Queen: Rebecca Ferguson scoops lead role in BBC adaptation of Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War novels
Swedish model and actress Rebecca Ferguson has landed the biggest television role of the year.
She has been cast to play The White Queen in a mammoth ten-part BBC drama based on Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War novels about the women of the Wars of the Roses.
Rebecca, who is based in Stockholm, did audition after audition, joining scores of other actresses up for the role of Elizabeth Woodville, a widowed Lancastrian commoner with two children who falls in love with Edward IV, a member of the family of York.
The actress did her final audition on Bank Holiday Monday with Max Irons, who had already been signed to portray Edward. By 7.15am on Tuesday, she was told the role was hers.... read more
Most read news
- 06:34 PM’s backing for Leeds doc’s #hellomynameis drive
- 06:34 Government backs massive new £300m gene sequencing project
- 06:32 U.S. job growth seen slowing, but remaining solid in July
- 06:22 Disappointment, uncertainty after India blocks WTO trade deal
- 06:22 Irish manufacturing activity expands for 14th month running in July...
- 06:22 China PMIs jump to multi-month highs in July, add to view economy...
- 06:22 Analysis - Canada's telcos burst into banking, healthcare in hunt...
- 06:21 New top post for Professor
- 06:19 Why Lincoln City Football Club can play a big role in people's lives
- 06:18 Council’s get-tough policy on grot spots