The White Queen: Rebecca Ferguson scoops lead role in BBC adaptation of Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War novels
Swedish model and actress Rebecca Ferguson has landed the biggest television role of the year.
She has been cast to play The White Queen in a mammoth ten-part BBC drama based on Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War novels about the women of the Wars of the Roses.
Rebecca, who is based in Stockholm, did audition after audition, joining scores of other actresses up for the role of Elizabeth Woodville, a widowed Lancastrian commoner with two children who falls in love with Edward IV, a member of the family of York.
The actress did her final audition on Bank Holiday Monday with Max Irons, who had already been signed to portray Edward. By 7.15am on Tuesday, she was told the role was hers.... read more
Most read news
- 07:03 History set to opens its doors for anniversary
- 07:00 ON THE WILD SIDE: Wild flowers in our corn fields give colourful...
- 06:55 Eating out: Bengal Premier, Frodingham Road, Scunthorpe
- 06:54 Macau 're-elects' new leader as authorities stifle democratic...
- 06:52 Just grand for Coldstream groups
- 06:42 40 years of Morris Men in exhibition
- 06:36 Frank’s long-running battle with the blues
- 06:28 Tee off with First Citizen
- 06:18 Liverpool war veteran looking to pay for his own funeral hit with...
- 06:11 Police to introduce new local policing structure in 2015