The White Queen: Rebecca Ferguson scoops lead role in BBC adaptation of Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War novels
Swedish model and actress Rebecca Ferguson has landed the biggest television role of the year.
She has been cast to play The White Queen in a mammoth ten-part BBC drama based on Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War novels about the women of the Wars of the Roses.
Rebecca, who is based in Stockholm, did audition after audition, joining scores of other actresses up for the role of Elizabeth Woodville, a widowed Lancastrian commoner with two children who falls in love with Edward IV, a member of the family of York.
The actress did her final audition on Bank Holiday Monday with Max Irons, who had already been signed to portray Edward. By 7.15am on Tuesday, she was told the role was hers.... read more
Most read news
- 19:51 Man Utd Transfer News: RVP's £10m exit, £12m for Silva, Kurzawa BOOST
- 19:47 Town furious with referee’s decision
- 19:41 Alarming number of soldiers suffering mental illness linked to...
- 19:38 Stop what you're doing: YOU (yes you) can buy a box of 100 mini...
- 19:29 David Cameron Twitter Bombed By Czech Minister
- 19:29 Manchester United set to SELL midfielder to Premier League rival
- 19:29 Arsenal join Chelsea and Man Utd in the hunt for Real Madrid...
- 19:27 FRIDAY MARKET CLOSE: Consumer stocks cheer cheaper oil
- 19:19 Former Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk faces challenge at the...
- 18:01 Shakespeare in love with man? Row breaks out over legendary poet's...