The White Queen: Rebecca Ferguson scoops lead role in BBC adaptation of Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War novels
Swedish model and actress Rebecca Ferguson has landed the biggest television role of the year.
She has been cast to play The White Queen in a mammoth ten-part BBC drama based on Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War novels about the women of the Wars of the Roses.
Rebecca, who is based in Stockholm, did audition after audition, joining scores of other actresses up for the role of Elizabeth Woodville, a widowed Lancastrian commoner with two children who falls in love with Edward IV, a member of the family of York.
The actress did her final audition on Bank Holiday Monday with Max Irons, who had already been signed to portray Edward. By 7.15am on Tuesday, she was told the role was hers.... read more
Most read news
- 09:11 Former Sweden boss Lars Lagerback: Former Celtic coach Johan...
- 09:11 Charity fund’s £1,000 boost for young diabetics
- 09:09 Sunderland boss: I always believed in Santi
- 09:08 Prayers for teenager as he fights for life after motorbike smash in...
- 09:08 Coldstream has left the country!
- 09:08 Fingers crossed for Duns and Coldstream applications
- 09:06 Former laboratory site is put up for sale
- 09:03 Young praised as mayor tells of pride after 'fantastic' year
- 09:01 Flight MH370: Australia debris ‘not from plane’
- 07:42 Manchester United open talks over £54million Edinson Cavani transfer