The White Queen: Rebecca Ferguson scoops lead role in BBC adaptation of Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War novels
Swedish model and actress Rebecca Ferguson has landed the biggest television role of the year.
She has been cast to play The White Queen in a mammoth ten-part BBC drama based on Philippa Gregory's The Cousins' War novels about the women of the Wars of the Roses.
Rebecca, who is based in Stockholm, did audition after audition, joining scores of other actresses up for the role of Elizabeth Woodville, a widowed Lancastrian commoner with two children who falls in love with Edward IV, a member of the family of York.
The actress did her final audition on Bank Holiday Monday with Max Irons, who had already been signed to portray Edward. By 7.15am on Tuesday, she was told the role was hers.... read more
Most read news
- 02:11 Ukraine crisis: Bicentenary celebration of great poet Taras...
- 02:02 Danger of one glass of wine to older drivers: Tests find skills of...
- 01:57 World Cup 2014 countdown: Diana Ross and the opening ceremony of...
- 01:54 Japan's deficit hits record as economic growth slows
- 01:49 Malaysia Airlines MH370: There are some slightly less nefarious...
- 01:34 You Wanna Talk About It review – the mad world of breaking news
- 01:33 Small Talk: Britain can learn a lot from Canada in the global race...
- 01:33 Huge payouts for Co-op’s new bosses condemned as ‘antithesis of its...
- 01:33 Police ‘bullying suspects to drop lawyers’
- 01:33 The Scotsman cartoon: Clegg appeals for No vote