Theatre review: Biding Time; Glasgow Arches
A MULTIMEDIA mash-up of live music, playful theatricality and broken dreams, Biding Time (Remix) is an absorbing collaboration between electro art-popsters A Band Called Quinn, Australian playwright Pippa Bailey and Grid Iron director Ben Harrison, a vital piece that's alternately comical and sinister but musically compelling throughout.
The production reworks Bailey’s 25-year-old text about an actress, Thyme, and her disillusionment with fame through the experiences of Quinn’s singer-songwriter Louise Quinn, whose Nineties outfit Hardbody had their own fleeting brush with the big time. The rarefied, insular world of stardom is suggested by the silent disco earphones the audience are... read more
Most read news
- 12:37 Workers’ kind Christmas gift
- 12:17 Katy charity will stop at £1m target
- 12:15 Oil prices likely to rebound in second half of 2015 - Reuters poll
- 12:15 Officers support hearing dog puppy appeal this Christmas
- 12:15 Sweet wrappers: where to get your Christmas presents wrapped in London
- 12:14 Prince Charles re-enters the planning debate
- 12:14 The enduring appeal of pantomime at Christmas
- 11:58 Food banks prepare for busy Christmas and New Year period
- 11:12 Transfer talk: Mats Hummels to Manchester United, Christophe Kramer...
- 09:53 Man shot dead in car in Sheffield city centre