Theatre review: Biding Time; Glasgow Arches
A MULTIMEDIA mash-up of live music, playful theatricality and broken dreams, Biding Time (Remix) is an absorbing collaboration between electro art-popsters A Band Called Quinn, Australian playwright Pippa Bailey and Grid Iron director Ben Harrison, a vital piece that's alternately comical and sinister but musically compelling throughout.
The production reworks Bailey’s 25-year-old text about an actress, Thyme, and her disillusionment with fame through the experiences of Quinn’s singer-songwriter Louise Quinn, whose Nineties outfit Hardbody had their own fleeting brush with the big time. The rarefied, insular world of stardom is suggested by the silent disco earphones the audience are... read more
- 17:32 NYPD unleashes xenophobic rant at Uber driver
- 17:32 Firefighters reportedly taken hostage at fire station near...
- 17:32 Conor McGregor and Jose Aldo come face-to-face in Dublin on final...
- 17:30 Rochelle Humes looks the ultimate yummy mummy in her new range for...
- 17:26 Baroness Ford takes Grainger role on a permanent basis
- 17:23 How Groupon turned the Banana Bunker into a social media success
- 17:15 Indian visa service: More confusion with further changes
- 17:15 Russell Crowe and Turkey's ghost village of Kayakoy
- 17:07 Mats Hummels: Manchester United are the only club I would leave...
- 15:51 Man Utd News: £40m De Bruyne bid, Mendes in talks to complete deal,...