Theatre review: Biding Time; Glasgow Arches
A MULTIMEDIA mash-up of live music, playful theatricality and broken dreams, Biding Time (Remix) is an absorbing collaboration between electro art-popsters A Band Called Quinn, Australian playwright Pippa Bailey and Grid Iron director Ben Harrison, a vital piece that's alternately comical and sinister but musically compelling throughout.
The production reworks Bailey’s 25-year-old text about an actress, Thyme, and her disillusionment with fame through the experiences of Quinn’s singer-songwriter Louise Quinn, whose Nineties outfit Hardbody had their own fleeting brush with the big time. The rarefied, insular world of stardom is suggested by the silent disco earphones the audience are... read more
Most read news
- 13:43 Ryanair to make non-binding offer for Cyprus Airways
- 13:36 Apple wines and halloumi sausages?
- 13:35 Suspects in India teen-hanging case may walk free, for now - source
- 13:32 Germany plans to clamp down on EU migrant benefit abuse
- 13:32 UPDATE 2-Foxtons warning on slowdown overshadows special dividend
- 13:11 German consumer morale drops going into September - GfK
- 13:08 £10,000 funding boost for Derby man's job-seeking company
- 13:06 Crime in brief
- 13:02 Hartlepool United boss does ice bucket challenge for Finlay Cooper...
- 12:19 How Louis van Gaal's first three Manchester United results compare...