Theatre review: Biding Time; Glasgow Arches
A MULTIMEDIA mash-up of live music, playful theatricality and broken dreams, Biding Time (Remix) is an absorbing collaboration between electro art-popsters A Band Called Quinn, Australian playwright Pippa Bailey and Grid Iron director Ben Harrison, a vital piece that's alternately comical and sinister but musically compelling throughout.
The production reworks Bailey’s 25-year-old text about an actress, Thyme, and her disillusionment with fame through the experiences of Quinn’s singer-songwriter Louise Quinn, whose Nineties outfit Hardbody had their own fleeting brush with the big time. The rarefied, insular world of stardom is suggested by the silent disco earphones the audience are... read more
Most read news
- 18:03 Many dinosaurs were ‘fluffy like a chick’, new findings suggest
- 18:02 Hyde FC win Twitter after swapping players names for left-wing...
- 18:00 Barnsley 1 Hull City 1 - match report: Tigers draw after Eldin...
- 18:00 Barcelona's brave new era begins in Burton
- 17:58 Thanks mum! Judy Murray exposes son Andy on his smelly feet
- 17:56 Nigeria Shi'ite leader says military kills 3 sons, 30 supporters
- 17:51 Two people arrested in London on suspicion of conspiracy to commit FGM
- 17:47 Hartlepool & wales swimmer Jemma Lowe still has more events to come...
- 17:45 Liverpool duo Daniel Sturridge and Jordan Henderson get their hands...
- 17:41 Jack Compton aims for more goals and assists for Hartlepool United