Theatre review: Biding Time; Glasgow Arches
A MULTIMEDIA mash-up of live music, playful theatricality and broken dreams, Biding Time (Remix) is an absorbing collaboration between electro art-popsters A Band Called Quinn, Australian playwright Pippa Bailey and Grid Iron director Ben Harrison, a vital piece that's alternately comical and sinister but musically compelling throughout.
The production reworks Bailey’s 25-year-old text about an actress, Thyme, and her disillusionment with fame through the experiences of Quinn’s singer-songwriter Louise Quinn, whose Nineties outfit Hardbody had their own fleeting brush with the big time. The rarefied, insular world of stardom is suggested by the silent disco earphones the audience are... read more
Most read news
- 06:48 Nathan Burns in scorching form as Wellington Phoenix crush Newcastle
- 06:42 WIN AN APPLE A DAY: iPhone 6 and iPads up for grabs with the Hull...
- 06:40 Cancer alert after women miss out on vital gene test: Ovarian...
- 06:38 GP out of hours service moved out of Catterick
- 06:33 GPs 'should diagnose social ills'
- 06:33 Merkel blow to PM's border reforms
- 06:32 Warning to landlords
- 06:29 Letters: Support for families with Alzheimers
- 06:26 Manchester United vs Chelsea: Plus Burnley vs Everton and Tottenham...
- 06:23 LETTER: Great day out, but the transport was dire