Theatre review: Biding Time; Glasgow Arches
A MULTIMEDIA mash-up of live music, playful theatricality and broken dreams, Biding Time (Remix) is an absorbing collaboration between electro art-popsters A Band Called Quinn, Australian playwright Pippa Bailey and Grid Iron director Ben Harrison, a vital piece that's alternately comical and sinister but musically compelling throughout.
The production reworks Bailey’s 25-year-old text about an actress, Thyme, and her disillusionment with fame through the experiences of Quinn’s singer-songwriter Louise Quinn, whose Nineties outfit Hardbody had their own fleeting brush with the big time. The rarefied, insular world of stardom is suggested by the silent disco earphones the audience are... read more
Most read news
- 04:05 Explore the World War Two secrets of Sunderland’s coast
- 03:55 Charles views rural life and art
- 03:55 Labour dismisses PM's tax rate talk
- 03:52 Business leaders should stop whinging about Australia’s...
- 03:17 UN: Israel shelled school
- 03:17 Catalan leader meets Spanish PM
- 03:17 Not famous any more . . . but Spartak will be tough
- 03:17 County in talks with Celcer as rival clubs begin to circle
- 03:17 Campbell in tune for his duel with the No.1 seed
- 03:16 BOJ should mull shifting focus to zero rates in future - Kiuchi