Theatre review: Biding Time; Glasgow Arches
A MULTIMEDIA mash-up of live music, playful theatricality and broken dreams, Biding Time (Remix) is an absorbing collaboration between electro art-popsters A Band Called Quinn, Australian playwright Pippa Bailey and Grid Iron director Ben Harrison, a vital piece that's alternately comical and sinister but musically compelling throughout.
The production reworks Bailey’s 25-year-old text about an actress, Thyme, and her disillusionment with fame through the experiences of Quinn’s singer-songwriter Louise Quinn, whose Nineties outfit Hardbody had their own fleeting brush with the big time. The rarefied, insular world of stardom is suggested by the silent disco earphones the audience are... read more
- 01:48 ‘Scotland could be left outside of government’
- 01:48 Royal seal of approval for South Shields nurse
- 01:41 We are the subjects of a political con on NHS funding
- 01:37 Russia on verge of Fed Cup final after taking 2-0 lead against Germany
- 01:36 Jason Watkins on BBC parody W1A: 'The idea of satirising oneself is...
- 01:34 It's not all about Steven Gerrard! Lucas on his own mission to...
- 01:30 'We were lucky, lucky, lucky to sign up Kylie' Donovan thanks...
- 01:30 EXCLUSIVE: Brangelina to adopt a Syrian child
- 01:29 Countdown to summer: Your exclusive Weight Watchers eating plan –...
- 01:00 Chelsea players celebrate important victory over Manchester United...