Theatre review: Biding Time; Glasgow Arches
A MULTIMEDIA mash-up of live music, playful theatricality and broken dreams, Biding Time (Remix) is an absorbing collaboration between electro art-popsters A Band Called Quinn, Australian playwright Pippa Bailey and Grid Iron director Ben Harrison, a vital piece that's alternately comical and sinister but musically compelling throughout.
The production reworks Bailey’s 25-year-old text about an actress, Thyme, and her disillusionment with fame through the experiences of Quinn’s singer-songwriter Louise Quinn, whose Nineties outfit Hardbody had their own fleeting brush with the big time. The rarefied, insular world of stardom is suggested by the silent disco earphones the audience are... read more
- 00:02 US ambassador Mark Lippert attacked while giving lecture in South...
- 23:56 Cuba, EU renew talks on relations; will discuss human rights
- 23:47 California man sought to travel to Syria to join Islamic State -...
- 23:46 Tory Poll: SNP Will Take Gordon Brown's Seat
- 23:42 U.S. ambassador to South Korea slashed in face by assailant
- 23:26 Ashley Young: Man Utd are the biggest club in the world - we don't...
- 23:23 Newcastle 0 Manchester United 1: Ashley Young pounces on Tim Krul...
- 23:23 Per Mertesacker's response after coming off the bench will have...
- 22:53 Liverpool FC 2 Burnley FC 0: Carl Markham's verdict
- 21:48 Leeds 2-1 Ipswich: Billy Sharp dents Tractor Boys' play-off hopes...