Theatre review: Biding Time; Glasgow Arches
A MULTIMEDIA mash-up of live music, playful theatricality and broken dreams, Biding Time (Remix) is an absorbing collaboration between electro art-popsters A Band Called Quinn, Australian playwright Pippa Bailey and Grid Iron director Ben Harrison, a vital piece that's alternately comical and sinister but musically compelling throughout.
The production reworks Bailey’s 25-year-old text about an actress, Thyme, and her disillusionment with fame through the experiences of Quinn’s singer-songwriter Louise Quinn, whose Nineties outfit Hardbody had their own fleeting brush with the big time. The rarefied, insular world of stardom is suggested by the silent disco earphones the audience are... read more
Most read news
- 20:39 SOCCER LINES: Alex Horne to step down, Swindon sign Norwich full-back
- 20:36 Botswana president Ian Khama hopes for triumph at challenging polls
- 20:33 Spinal cord injuries and the reality of 'medical breakthroughs'
- 20:33 Online petitions: Sign here to change the world
- 20:32 Canadian soldier killed by convert to Islam in hit and run
- 20:32 Chelsea's Loic Remy forced off with suspected groin injury just...
- 20:32 'Football is 95 minutes, it's not just the first half' - Pellegrini...
- 20:29 Sheffield United supporters sing the name of convicted rapist Ched...
- 20:28 Sheffield United supporters sing the name of convicted rapist Ched...
- 18:27 Manchester United receive huge boost as Colombia World Cup star is...