Theatre review: Biding Time; Glasgow Arches
A MULTIMEDIA mash-up of live music, playful theatricality and broken dreams, Biding Time (Remix) is an absorbing collaboration between electro art-popsters A Band Called Quinn, Australian playwright Pippa Bailey and Grid Iron director Ben Harrison, a vital piece that's alternately comical and sinister but musically compelling throughout.
The production reworks Bailey’s 25-year-old text about an actress, Thyme, and her disillusionment with fame through the experiences of Quinn’s singer-songwriter Louise Quinn, whose Nineties outfit Hardbody had their own fleeting brush with the big time. The rarefied, insular world of stardom is suggested by the silent disco earphones the audience are... read more
- 03:25 Quarter of personnel 'preparing to quit UK armed forces'
- 03:12 US Senate poised for all-night voting session on NSA reform bill
- 03:09 Merge adoption services to end delays, councils told
- 02:55 David Beckham in talks with University of Miami over new stadium...
- 02:14 Top Gear trio back in action and packing a punch: Clarkson, Hammond...
- 01:58 Manchester United's £25m signing Memphis Depay scores incredible...
- 01:26 Manchester United make HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT after Arsenal draw
- 22:45 Manchester United set to finalise transfer plans over next three days
- 22:19 TRANSFER NEWS: Man United eye Chelsea hero, Arsenal DONE DEAL,...
- 21:42 Jose Mourinho: I could manage Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd or City...