Three arrested on suspicion of murder after man's body found in wheelie bin in Wigan
Three people have been arrested on suspicion of murder after a young man’s body was found hidden in a wheelie bin. Two walkers made the grim discovery in woodland in Wigan yesterday. The M.E.N. understands they found the body concealed by carpet in the bin.
It was found in an area known as Victoria Fields which is used by dog walkers and horse riders. Police sealed off a large area of land north of Bickershaw Lane near Hindley Prison as forensics officers scoured the area for clues. Officers are trawling a list of missing people in a bid to identify the body.
A post-mortem examination was due to take place to establish a cause of death.
Police said this morning that three people aged... read more
Most read news
- 05:58 Climate activists warn BHP Billiton shareholders of coal's profit risk
- 05:53 IMF urges Japan to go ahead with planned tax hike next year
- 05:53 Sam Burgess named international rugby league player of year
- 05:42 Mexican security forces capture wife of top drug lord
- 05:33 Flats scheme for eyesore site
- 05:25 Paul Gallen tears into NRL on Twitter
- 05:20 Labour MP brands smart motorways 'not so smart'
- 05:20 Charity golf day in Warwickshire raises over £3,000
- 05:20 English Heritage places dozens of region's historic buildings on...
- 05:20 Support group of Japan's new trade minister spent funds at S&M bar