Train services at Dewsbury halted after person hit by train
NO services are running through Dewsbury train station after a person was hit by a train.
Emergency services arrived at the station at around 3.20pm today.
The person, believed to be a woman, was struck by train heading towards Huddersfield.
All passengers have been asked to leave the station, which is now closed to the public.
Police have also closed the section of Dewsbury ring road which passes the station.
A Yorkshire Air Ambulance helicopter landed in the station car park at around 3.40pm.
Paramedics carried the woman out of the station on a strecther to the waiting helicopter shortly after 4pm.
National Rail is reporting delays of up to 60 minutes between Leeds and Huddersfield. It... read more
Most read news
- 14:12 Xbox One: five key points you need to know
- 14:09 Steven Spielberg to produce Halo TV series with exclusive content...
- 13:52 Manchester City unveils new Nike kit deal
- 13:48 The average British barbecue contains TWICE as many germs as a...
- 13:47 Beattie on Scotland: Brave Jon Daly must beware the bigots ahead of...
- 13:46 Student loans now available for adults to study at Boston College
- 13:44 Tasty FREE snack bar with Telegraph from town centre vendor
- 13:44 Council of Europe head says Russia must protect LGBT rights
- 13:39 Royal Mail Float Looms After Â£440m Profits
- 13:25 The REAL Robocop: Brazilian government spends Â£4.2million on 500...