Train services at Dewsbury halted after person hit by train
NO services are running through Dewsbury train station after a person was hit by a train.
Emergency services arrived at the station at around 3.20pm today.
The person, believed to be a woman, was struck by train heading towards Huddersfield.
All passengers have been asked to leave the station, which is now closed to the public.
Police have also closed the section of Dewsbury ring road which passes the station.
A Yorkshire Air Ambulance helicopter landed in the station car park at around 3.40pm.
Paramedics carried the woman out of the station on a strecther to the waiting helicopter shortly after 4pm.
National Rail is reporting delays of up to 60 minutes between Leeds and Huddersfield. It... read more
Most read news
- 05:37 Nikkei slumps 3.7 pct on weak China data, 10-yr JGB prices turn higher
- 05:16 Poor nations 'deprived of billions'
- 05:13 U.S. military lawyers put more pressure on Guantanamo
- 05:09 Two arrested after mosque attacks
- 05:07 Japan's wartime brothels were wrong, says 91-year-old veteran
- 05:02 Police commissioner scrutiny urged
- 05:02 Two arrested after mosque attacks
- 04:48 Police commissioner scrutiny urged
- 04:45 Police commissioner scrutiny urged
- 02:38 Look who is back: Scholes to return to Old Trafford in charity...