Train services at Dewsbury halted after person hit by train
NO services are running through Dewsbury train station after a person was hit by a train.
Emergency services arrived at the station at around 3.20pm today.
The person, believed to be a woman, was struck by train heading towards Huddersfield.
All passengers have been asked to leave the station, which is now closed to the public.
Police have also closed the section of Dewsbury ring road which passes the station.
A Yorkshire Air Ambulance helicopter landed in the station car park at around 3.40pm.
Paramedics carried the woman out of the station on a strecther to the waiting helicopter shortly after 4pm.
National Rail is reporting delays of up to 60 minutes between Leeds and Huddersfield. It... read more
Most read news
- 18:15 Yeezus! Has Kanye West's Messiah complex got out of hand? His new...
- 18:15 Toddler taken to morgue in body bag
- 18:15 AP boss condemns US government for 'unconstitutional' phone seizures
- 18:13 Philpott wife plans sentence appeal
- 17:41 Neil Lennon: we'll prepare for Scottish Cup final like Euro tie
- 17:41 East Fife move into SFL2 with Rangers after play-off win
- 17:41 'One dead, two hurt' in plane crash
- 17:37 Bale controversy as Spurs star is booked for dive when it was a...
- 17:23 Letter: Paul Shane and Alan Bennett's day out
- 17:21 Debut directors hope to do strike gold in Cannes