Tributes to 'inspirational' motorcyclist Pat Wise, first woman to finish Isle of Man TT
Sadly, Mrs Wise died at The Elms nursing home in Louth on Friday, June 8, after a long battle with Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's. However, niece Virginia Dodsworth, who spent many of her early years staying with her aunt after the loss of her mother when she was one year old, said the lessons she learned from Mrs Wise will live on in her forever.
Virginia went on to get three degree qualifications and become an acting coach who trained Humberston Emmerdale actress Sophie Powles.
"She was an inspiration to me and I realised that there was nothing a woman couldn't do if she could become a professional motorcycle racer", said Virginia, 47, of Algernon Street, Grimsby.... read more
- 09:51 FTSE falls back on Greek woes but Royal Mail hits near 12 month high
- 09:51 Alistair Carmichael bullied by SNP - Sir Malcolm Bruce
- 09:51 Transfer News LIVE: Manchester United, Liverpool, Real Madrid and...
- 09:51 David Moyes insists he is happy at Real Sociedad and will not...
- 09:44 Banks and energy shares lead FTSE lower
- 09:36 Iraq launches counterattack against Isis near Ramadi
- 09:31 Zimbabwe Cricket chairman declares Pakistan ‘safe’ for...
- 09:30 FTSE Russell unveils transitional indexes that include China A shares
- 09:29 Liverpool have no hope, John Terry has earned our respect and...
- 09:20 Pub pair’s plucky chicken run raises cash for Derian House