Tributes to 'inspirational' motorcyclist Pat Wise, first woman to finish Isle of Man TT
Sadly, Mrs Wise died at The Elms nursing home in Louth on Friday, June 8, after a long battle with Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's. However, niece Virginia Dodsworth, who spent many of her early years staying with her aunt after the loss of her mother when she was one year old, said the lessons she learned from Mrs Wise will live on in her forever.
Virginia went on to get three degree qualifications and become an acting coach who trained Humberston Emmerdale actress Sophie Powles.
"She was an inspiration to me and I realised that there was nothing a woman couldn't do if she could become a professional motorcycle racer", said Virginia, 47, of Algernon Street, Grimsby.... read more
- 17:23 Birmingham to Shannon service returns
- 17:23 How Groupon turned the Banana Bunker into a social media success
- 17:19 Parking charges rise at Royal Stoke University Hospital
- 17:15 Indian visa service: More confusion with further changes
- 17:15 Russell Crowe and Turkey's ghost village of Kayakoy
- 17:07 Mats Hummels: Manchester United are the only club I would leave...
- 17:06 Legal bid launched to evict large unauthorised travellers camp from...
- 15:51 Man Utd News: £40m De Bruyne bid, Mendes in talks to complete deal,...
- 13:50 Arsenal and Man Utd given green light to SIGN £22m Brazil star as...
- 13:21 Hummels 'promised' Sir Alex Ferguson he would transfer to...