Tributes to 'inspirational' motorcyclist Pat Wise, first woman to finish Isle of Man TT
Sadly, Mrs Wise died at The Elms nursing home in Louth on Friday, June 8, after a long battle with Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's. However, niece Virginia Dodsworth, who spent many of her early years staying with her aunt after the loss of her mother when she was one year old, said the lessons she learned from Mrs Wise will live on in her forever.
Virginia went on to get three degree qualifications and become an acting coach who trained Humberston Emmerdale actress Sophie Powles.
"She was an inspiration to me and I realised that there was nothing a woman couldn't do if she could become a professional motorcycle racer", said Virginia, 47, of Algernon Street, Grimsby.... read more
Most read news
- 22:05 Bank of England extends leverage ratio consultation by four weeks
- 22:01 Peru's prime minister steps down amid political scandal
- 21:57 "Fake sheikh' suggested Tulisa sleep with him to land film role
- 21:54 ‘Dangerous’ dog surgeries to be held
- 21:52 Apple earnings boosted by strong iPhone sales
- 21:42 RBS 'wilfully obtuse' in turnaround unit evidence - UK lawmaker
- 21:28 Six things you need to know about promising Arsenal youngster Chris...
- 21:15 Can Morgan Schneiderlin fit into Tottenham Hotspur's midfield...
- 20:58 Liverpool's interest in Javier Manquillo shows more prudent...
- 20:48 Does signing David Ospina represent a change in transfer philosophy...