Tributes to 'inspirational' motorcyclist Pat Wise, first woman to finish Isle of Man TT
Sadly, Mrs Wise died at The Elms nursing home in Louth on Friday, June 8, after a long battle with Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's. However, niece Virginia Dodsworth, who spent many of her early years staying with her aunt after the loss of her mother when she was one year old, said the lessons she learned from Mrs Wise will live on in her forever.
Virginia went on to get three degree qualifications and become an acting coach who trained Humberston Emmerdale actress Sophie Powles.
"She was an inspiration to me and I realised that there was nothing a woman couldn't do if she could... read more
- 13:21 Spider webs act like CRIME SCENES: Silk contains traces of the...
- 13:18 Mamadou Sakho hopeful of quick return from injury as defender picks...
- 13:17 Celtic well on course to land a domestic treble say Ladbrokes.. as...
- 13:08 Man City: Silva fit for Southampton game
- 13:08 'Li-fi 100 times faster than wi-fi'
- 13:08 Toshiba considers splitting off, listing part of chip business
- 13:07 Letter: Taxi rank - A big thank you to our taxi drivers
- 13:04 Black Friday 2015: Shoppers in Derby city centre admit they did not...
- 12:59 Manchester Christmas markets evacuated in bomb scare
- 12:25 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger takes subtle dig at Chelsea's title chances