Tributes to 'inspirational' motorcyclist Pat Wise, first woman to finish Isle of Man TT
Sadly, Mrs Wise died at The Elms nursing home in Louth on Friday, June 8, after a long battle with Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's. However, niece Virginia Dodsworth, who spent many of her early years staying with her aunt after the loss of her mother when she was one year old, said the lessons she learned from Mrs Wise will live on in her forever.
Virginia went on to get three degree qualifications and become an acting coach who trained Humberston Emmerdale actress Sophie Powles.
"She was an inspiration to me and I realised that there was nothing a woman couldn't do if she could... read more
- 13:07 US drone rules hamper firms hoping machines can take over dangerous...
- 13:05 Jerusalem attack: Palestinian teenager stabs two Israelis
- 13:01 Purge sentimental tat and get rid of every 'joyless' item: The top...
- 12:57 The British grandmother, 82, whose Spanish stroll became a 440-mile...
- 12:57 The magical moment a pod of humpback whales swim beneath the...
- 12:55 Liverpool considered move for Real Madrid star Gareth Bale
- 12:52 Prime minister leads tributes to Geoffrey Howe: 'quiet hero of the...
- 12:51 UFOs spotted in skies above St Helens
- 12:51 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of murder over Northamptonshire...
- 10:56 Babies are full of design flaws