Tributes to 'inspirational' motorcyclist Pat Wise, first woman to finish Isle of Man TT
Sadly, Mrs Wise died at The Elms nursing home in Louth on Friday, June 8, after a long battle with Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's. However, niece Virginia Dodsworth, who spent many of her early years staying with her aunt after the loss of her mother when she was one year old, said the lessons she learned from Mrs Wise will live on in her forever.
Virginia went on to get three degree qualifications and become an acting coach who trained Humberston Emmerdale actress Sophie Powles.
"She was an inspiration to me and I realised that there was nothing a woman couldn't do if she could become a professional motorcycle racer", said Virginia, 47, of Algernon Street, Grimsby.... read more
Most read news
- 00:17 Losing weight and quitting smoking help guard against dementia,...
- 00:17 Postcard from... Calabria
- 00:16 'I'll be behind the till!' Victoria Beckham heads to check on her...
- 00:16 Victoria Beckham makes first appearance at London Fashion Week as...
- 00:13 Customer service ratings revealed by Which?
- 00:13 Thousands lie on motor cover forms, says ABI
- 00:04 The PoW who built a multi-million dollar business
- 00:03 Sales figures showing optimism for Scots shops
- 00:03 Galliford Try boss to retire after record profits
- 00:03 Asos profit held back by hefty investment