Tributes to 'inspirational' motorcyclist Pat Wise, first woman to finish Isle of Man TT
Sadly, Mrs Wise died at The Elms nursing home in Louth on Friday, June 8, after a long battle with Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's. However, niece Virginia Dodsworth, who spent many of her early years staying with her aunt after the loss of her mother when she was one year old, said the lessons she learned from Mrs Wise will live on in her forever.
Virginia went on to get three degree qualifications and become an acting coach who trained Humberston Emmerdale actress Sophie Powles.
"She was an inspiration to me and I realised that there was nothing a woman couldn't do if she could become a professional motorcycle racer", said Virginia, 47, of Algernon Street, Grimsby.... read more
Most read news
- 04:54 Rights group slams Thai detention of child migrants and refugees
- 04:47 Brazil's Silva looks presidential, but not a shoo-in
- 04:43 Appeal to stop prized Wedgwood Collection from being sold
- 04:38 Japan wage growth surges in July
- 04:28 Chris Kelly loses £500k bet after standing down as MP
- 03:12 Blind is seen at United but club left waiting for Falcao
- 02:40 Chelsea cash in on the £100m cast-offs as number of loanees playing...
- 01:13 Smith and Poleon out - Montenegro in at Leeds United
- 22:50 West Ham transfer news: Hammers hope to beat deadline with signing...
- 22:42 Radamel Falcao deal yet to be confirmed, Manchester United fans...