Tributes to 'inspirational' motorcyclist Pat Wise, first woman to finish Isle of Man TT
Sadly, Mrs Wise died at The Elms nursing home in Louth on Friday, June 8, after a long battle with Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's. However, niece Virginia Dodsworth, who spent many of her early years staying with her aunt after the loss of her mother when she was one year old, said the lessons she learned from Mrs Wise will live on in her forever.
Virginia went on to get three degree qualifications and become an acting coach who trained Humberston Emmerdale actress Sophie Powles.
"She was an inspiration to me and I realised that there was nothing a woman couldn't do if she could become a professional motorcycle racer", said Virginia, 47, of Algernon Street, Grimsby.... read more
Most read news
- 22:02 Cannes 2014 lineup: 'A mouth-watering selection'
- 21:59 A War Of Hearsay Amid Clashes In Mariupol
- 21:54 Woman blinded in one eye after belt buckle attack speaks of her...
- 21:48 'A good day's work' Russia, US and EU reach agreement in bid to end...
- 21:47 The Evening Read: Working at this Liverpool firm is a religious...
- 21:46 This Hearts hell must never be repeated
- 21:46 Jackie McNamara ditches appeal
- 21:43 FA Youth Cup: Five stars of the future on show during Arsenal v...
- 21:43 Israeli, Palestinian negotiators seek to rescue troubled talks
- 21:43 French troops free five aid workers kidnapped in Mali