Tributes to 'inspirational' motorcyclist Pat Wise, first woman to finish Isle of Man TT
Sadly, Mrs Wise died at The Elms nursing home in Louth on Friday, June 8, after a long battle with Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's. However, niece Virginia Dodsworth, who spent many of her early years staying with her aunt after the loss of her mother when she was one year old, said the lessons she learned from Mrs Wise will live on in her forever.
Virginia went on to get three degree qualifications and become an acting coach who trained Humberston Emmerdale actress Sophie Powles.
"She was an inspiration to me and I realised that there was nothing a woman couldn't do if she could become a professional motorcycle racer", said Virginia, 47, of Algernon Street, Grimsby.... read more
Most read news
- 08:02 The Road to Middlemarch review – Rebecca Mead's overly earnest...
- 07:54 Weather for the Bassetlaw area for Sunday 16th March
- 07:53 In Colombia war zone, peace talks raise new fears
- 07:51 Weather for the Bassetlaw area for Sunday 16th March
- 07:44 Lincoln woman's future depends on the decisions of surgeons
- 07:42 Annual Skegness East Coast and Wolds Hospitality Association dinner...
- 07:38 Motorists face delays as M6 roadworks begin
- 07:37 Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance
- 07:33 Availability of alcohol sparks Lincolnshire MP's action call
- 07:32 Banking's back room risk cops step into top jobs