Tributes to 'inspirational' motorcyclist Pat Wise, first woman to finish Isle of Man TT
Sadly, Mrs Wise died at The Elms nursing home in Louth on Friday, June 8, after a long battle with Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's. However, niece Virginia Dodsworth, who spent many of her early years staying with her aunt after the loss of her mother when she was one year old, said the lessons she learned from Mrs Wise will live on in her forever.
Virginia went on to get three degree qualifications and become an acting coach who trained Humberston Emmerdale actress Sophie Powles.
"She was an inspiration to me and I realised that there was nothing a woman couldn't do if she could become a professional motorcycle racer", said Virginia, 47, of Algernon Street, Grimsby.... read more
- 00:18 Steven Gerrard set to start FA Cup semi-final between Liverpool and...
- 00:18 Captain Alastair Cook says England will leave Antigua downbeat...
- 00:12 Residents fear loss of land for recreation
- 00:11 Orphans pay price as battle rages in Ukrainian city
- 00:10 Insight: The enduring charm of Alice in Wonderland
- 00:10 Jeff Salway: Pensioners at risk from new funds
- 00:00 Reading’s Adam Federici backed by Steve Clarke after gift to Arsenal
- 00:00 Harry Kane’s form has dipped after England high, says Mauricio...
- 23:42 Eden Hazard is making the difference for Jose Mourinho as Chelsea...
- 23:42 Newcastle boss John Carver turns to Alan Pardew and Alan Shearer...