Tributes to 'inspirational' motorcyclist Pat Wise, first woman to finish Isle of Man TT
Sadly, Mrs Wise died at The Elms nursing home in Louth on Friday, June 8, after a long battle with Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's. However, niece Virginia Dodsworth, who spent many of her early years staying with her aunt after the loss of her mother when she was one year old, said the lessons she learned from Mrs Wise will live on in her forever.
Virginia went on to get three degree qualifications and become an acting coach who trained Humberston Emmerdale actress Sophie Powles.
"She was an inspiration to me and I realised that there was nothing a woman couldn't do if she could become a professional motorcycle racer", said Virginia, 47, of Algernon Street, Grimsby.... read more
Most read news
- 17:03 Strike action to hit NHS services in bitter pay dispute
- 17:02 Chris Ofili: Night and Day review – the boy dung good
- 16:59 Why scratching makes us itchy! Scientists finally solve the mystery...
- 16:54 Knives out: why we love reading cruel restaurant reviews
- 15:44 SNAPPED: Arsenal star Theo Walcott hints at Burnley return
- 15:24 Arsenal target 'the next Gareth Bale' as Arsene Wenger eyes up...
- 14:47 EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United REFUSE to print shirts with Bale's...
- 14:09 REVEALED: The Man Utd loan star out to the catch the eye of boss...
- 14:02 Arsenal News: Sanchez UNHAPPY at Gunners, Man Utd eye Draxler deal,...
- 13:38 Manchester United close to sealing Julian Draxler transfer despite...