Tributes to Staincliffe teenager who died in his first week at Mirfield Free Grammar
A TEENAGER died after suffering a suspected asthma attack on his second day at a new school.
Hannan Ahmed, 13, joined year nine at Mirfield Free Grammar on Tuesday. He was previously at Batley Business and Enterprise College.
He collapsed during lessons on Wednesday and died at Dewsbury and District Hospital in the early hours of yesterday.
Ian Dutton, headteacher at BBEC, said Hannan was a keen footballer and very popular at the school.
“He was a real pleasure to be with,” Mr Dutton said.
“We will always remember Hannan with his wide smile, his engaging conversation and his passion for enjoying life.”
MFG principal Lorraine Barker said Hannan, of Staincliffe, suffered a suspected... read more
Most read news
- 06:15 Chef José Pizarro: what makes me happy
- 06:13 Pontefract man who groomed and sexually abused girl, 13, is jailed
- 06:09 100 daily attempts to sneak into UK
- 06:09 Russian bear 'will not be chained'
- 06:08 U.S. Marine in Philippine murder case makes first court appearance
- 06:07 Former navy officer jailed for defrauding Leeds firm of almost £75,000
- 06:07 Serial thief ‘fighting demons’ as he hits 97th conviction
- 06:07 New GP scheme aims to help victims of abuse
- 06:07 Park gets ‘horse inhibitor’ to stop riders trampling through
- 06:07 Group aims to get more mothers breast feeding