Tributes to Staincliffe teenager who died in his first week at Mirfield Free Grammar
A TEENAGER died after suffering a suspected asthma attack on his second day at a new school.
Hannan Ahmed, 13, joined year nine at Mirfield Free Grammar on Tuesday. He was previously at Batley Business and Enterprise College.
He collapsed during lessons on Wednesday and died at Dewsbury and District Hospital in the early hours of yesterday.
Ian Dutton, headteacher at BBEC, said Hannan was a keen footballer and very popular at the school.
“He was a real pleasure to be with,” Mr Dutton said.
“We will always remember Hannan with his wide smile, his engaging conversation and his passion for enjoying life.”
MFG principal Lorraine Barker said Hannan, of Staincliffe, suffered a suspected... read more
Most read news
- 08:34 Hartlepool Utd held inquest after Northampton Town thrashing
- 08:34 Sunderland can break duck at Burnley
- 08:34 Sunderland may tweak team for Burnley clash
- 08:34 Fredericks to replace Abella for Middlesbrough against Brentford
- 08:34 Poyet wants Sunderland to show class at Burnley
- 08:34 Hartlepool Utd strikers must step up at Plymouth Argyle
- 08:32 Met Office issues severe weather warning for heavy rain in...
- 08:29 John Lewis sales dip as mild weather delays winter purchases
- 08:24 Four changes Arsenal must make for tough Aston Villa clash
- 08:10 David Cameron unveils plans for more North-East powers