Tributes to Staincliffe teenager who died in his first week at Mirfield Free Grammar
A TEENAGER died after suffering a suspected asthma attack on his second day at a new school.
Hannan Ahmed, 13, joined year nine at Mirfield Free Grammar on Tuesday. He was previously at Batley Business and Enterprise College.
He collapsed during lessons on Wednesday and died at Dewsbury and District Hospital in the early hours of yesterday.
Ian Dutton, headteacher at BBEC, said Hannan was a keen footballer and very popular at the school.
“He was a real pleasure to be with,” Mr Dutton said.
“We will always remember Hannan with his wide smile, his engaging conversation and his passion for enjoying life.”
MFG principal Lorraine Barker said Hannan, of Staincliffe, suffered a suspected... read more
Most read news
- 22:54 Commonwealth Games 2014: Tears dried, Ross Murdoch eyes second gold...
- 22:54 Commonwealth Games 2014: Dan Rivers fires Games shooting record but...
- 22:54 Manchester United can win the Premier League title, claims Wayne...
- 22:50 Secret Cinema cancels all Back to the Future screenings until next...
- 22:40 Ghost gazumping: Buyers' peril from rising house prices
- 22:32 Difficult to find candidate to fully trust
- 22:29 Notts: An ogre is on the loose at Nottingham Theatre Royal
- 22:29 Mum’s appeal after daughter is hit by car in Stannington
- 22:29 Chip pan fire in West Street
- 22:25 BREAKING: Berwickshire’s Daniel Wallace wins gold