Tributes to Staincliffe teenager who died in his first week at Mirfield Free Grammar
A TEENAGER died after suffering a suspected asthma attack on his second day at a new school.
Hannan Ahmed, 13, joined year nine at Mirfield Free Grammar on Tuesday. He was previously at Batley Business and Enterprise College.
He collapsed during lessons on Wednesday and died at Dewsbury and District Hospital in the early hours of yesterday.
Ian Dutton, headteacher at BBEC, said Hannan was a keen footballer and very popular at the school.
“He was a real pleasure to be with,” Mr Dutton said.
“We will always remember Hannan with his wide smile, his engaging conversation and his passion for enjoying life.”
MFG principal Lorraine Barker said Hannan, of Staincliffe, suffered a suspected... read more
Most read news
- 14:10 PREMIER LEAGUE LIVE: Follow all the action as it happens from...
- 14:10 Why legacy of West Indies cricket cries out for a truly stout defence
- 14:08 LETTERS: Dial-a-bus service is lifeline for elderly people
- 14:02 Thierry Henry was so popular, Arsenal wanted to CHARGE him for...
- 13:37 BEERHUNTER: How Liam Smith swapped accounts admin for life behind...
- 13:35 Liverpool News: Dressing room BUST-UP, Carragher return as coach,...
- 13:25 TRANSFER NEWS: Ozil to LEAVE Arsenal, Anfield hero to return to...
- 13:16 Man Utd News: Van Gaal's message to Chelsea's Mourinho, Pique deal...
- 12:37 Manchester United lining up Ezequiel Garay as an alternative to...
- 12:08 Mesut Ozil wants to QUIT Arsenal and join Manchester City