Tributes to Staincliffe teenager who died in his first week at Mirfield Free Grammar
A TEENAGER died after suffering a suspected asthma attack on his second day at a new school.
Hannan Ahmed, 13, joined year nine at Mirfield Free Grammar on Tuesday. He was previously at Batley Business and Enterprise College.
He collapsed during lessons on Wednesday and died at Dewsbury and District Hospital in the early hours of yesterday.
Ian Dutton, headteacher at BBEC, said Hannan was a keen footballer and very popular at the school.
“He was a real pleasure to be with,” Mr Dutton said.
“We will always remember Hannan with his wide smile, his engaging conversation and his passion for enjoying life.”
MFG principal Lorraine Barker said Hannan, of Staincliffe, suffered a suspected... read more
Most read news
- 17:28 Chelsea fan welcomes Frank Lampard back to Stamford Bridge with...
- 17:27 Motherwell 1 St Johnstone 1: Sutton turns it around for the Steelmen
- 17:27 West Brom v Tottenham: Player Ratings
- 17:22 US government says Israel plans for 450 new illegal settlement...
- 17:22 Isis admits it was defeated in Kobani but vows to take it back
- 17:20 Police to review CCTV after protests at Bloomfield Road
- 17:20 Northern Football Alliance round-up (Saturday, January 31)
- 17:07 Stoke City 3-1 QPR: Jonathan Walters bags a hat-trick as Mark...
- 17:07 Sunderland 2 Burnley 0: Connor Wickham and Jermain Defoe seal vital...
- 16:58 Beckwood pub still seeking replacement for landlord who disappeared...