Tributes to Staincliffe teenager who died in his first week at Mirfield Free Grammar
A TEENAGER died after suffering a suspected asthma attack on his second day at a new school.
Hannan Ahmed, 13, joined year nine at Mirfield Free Grammar on Tuesday. He was previously at Batley Business and Enterprise College.
He collapsed during lessons on Wednesday and died at Dewsbury and District Hospital in the early hours of yesterday.
Ian Dutton, headteacher at BBEC, said Hannan was a keen footballer and very popular at the school.
“He was a real pleasure to be with,” Mr Dutton said.
“We will always remember Hannan with his wide smile, his engaging conversation and his passion for enjoying life.”
MFG principal Lorraine Barker said Hannan, of Staincliffe, suffered a suspected... read more
- 11:01 After beef ban, Hindu groups force Indian abattoirs to close
- 11:01 Manchester City could turn to Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers if...
- 11:01 British tourists to be banned from drinking on the streets of...
- 11:01 PAPER ROUND-UP: Van Gaal warns Man Utd, Rodgers feared Liverpool...
- 10:32 Manchester United closing in deal for Barcelona contract rebel Dani...
- 10:31 PAPER REVIEW: Liverpool boss' admission, Man Utd WARNING, Terry's...
- 10:26 Video: Islamic State-Themed Wedding Party
- 10:03 Liverpool plot transfer raid for Sporting Lisbon’s William Carvalho
- 09:31 Arsenal "ready to make transfer offer for £10m Kevin-Prince Boateng'
- 09:30 Manchester United legend Gary Neville makes SURPRISE Liverpool...