Tributes to Staincliffe teenager who died in his first week at Mirfield Free Grammar
A TEENAGER died after suffering a suspected asthma attack on his second day at a new school.
Hannan Ahmed, 13, joined year nine at Mirfield Free Grammar on Tuesday. He was previously at Batley Business and Enterprise College.
He collapsed during lessons on Wednesday and died at Dewsbury and District Hospital in the early hours of yesterday.
Ian Dutton, headteacher at BBEC, said Hannan was a keen footballer and very popular at the school.
“He was a real pleasure to be with,” Mr Dutton said.
“We will always remember Hannan with his wide smile, his engaging conversation and his passion for enjoying life.”
MFG principal Lorraine Barker said Hannan, of Staincliffe, suffered a suspected... read more
Most read news
- 21:26 What's wrong with Mikel? Mascot cries his eyes out as he walks onto...
- 21:26 American sports tycoon Harris set to pull the plug on bid to buy...
- 21:18 Is this the end of the road for the postman?
- 21:18 Volunteering is for life, not just for Christmas
- 21:17 Emma Bennett: Dog Attack Family's 'Devastation'
- 21:17 Emulex to cut 10 percent of workforce, close plant
- 21:16 Exclusive - Peugeot board approves outline Dongfeng deal - source
- 21:15 David Jason and Malala win at National Book Awards
- 21:14 Veronica would be impressed! Christina Applegate goes for...
- 21:00 With all four English teams winning on their travels to Germany in...