Tributes to Staincliffe teenager who died in his first week at Mirfield Free Grammar
A TEENAGER died after suffering a suspected asthma attack on his second day at a new school.
Hannan Ahmed, 13, joined year nine at Mirfield Free Grammar on Tuesday. He was previously at Batley Business and Enterprise College.
He collapsed during lessons on Wednesday and died at Dewsbury and District Hospital in the early hours of yesterday.
Ian Dutton, headteacher at BBEC, said Hannan was a keen footballer and very popular at the school.
“He was a real pleasure to be with,” Mr Dutton said.
“We will always remember Hannan with his wide smile, his engaging conversation and his passion for enjoying life.”
MFG principal Lorraine Barker said Hannan, of Staincliffe, suffered a suspected... read more
Most read news
- 18:14 Stamford and Bourne MP is lovin’ it at McDonald’s
- 18:08 The Last Word: Betrayal that leaves Welsh rugby rotting at the core
- 18:06 Doncaster 2-0 Huddersfield: Sharp's goal gives hosts vital boost in...
- 18:05 37 Days; Line of Duty; Mind the Gap: London vs the Rest – review
- 18:03 As Khloe Kardashian prepares to move into Justin Bieber's old house...
- 18:01 Well done Warsop
- 17:57 Paloma Faith admits it's difficult to work with Pharrell Williams...
- 17:57 Girl power! Rihanna, Cher and the Spice Girls top the biggest...
- 17:38 Cardiff City 3 Fulham 1 match report: Steven Caulker leads from the...
- 17:35 Ireland vs Italy Recap: Six Nations action from the Aviva Stadium...