Tributes to Staincliffe teenager who died in his first week at Mirfield Free Grammar
A TEENAGER died after suffering a suspected asthma attack on his second day at a new school.
Hannan Ahmed, 13, joined year nine at Mirfield Free Grammar on Tuesday. He was previously at Batley Business and Enterprise College.
He collapsed during lessons on Wednesday and died at Dewsbury and District Hospital in the early hours of yesterday.
Ian Dutton, headteacher at BBEC, said Hannan was a keen footballer and very popular at the school.
“He was a real pleasure to be with,” Mr Dutton said.
“We will always remember Hannan with his wide smile, his engaging conversation and his passion for enjoying life.”
MFG principal Lorraine Barker said Hannan, of Staincliffe, suffered a suspected... read more
Most read news
- 20:15 Scottish phrase of the day: Fanny Toosh
- 20:12 Liverpool not looking to sign any new players in January despite...
- 20:11 EU agrees investment fund, hoping to create a million jobs
- 20:09 Rickie Lambert: Brendan Rodgers is NOT to blame for Liverpool's...
- 20:07 LINE-UPS: Courtois back for Chelsea, Arsenal target starts for Schalke
- 19:43 Brendan Rodgers defends Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard over...
- 19:24 Ludogorets boss doubts Liverpool's mental & physical state ahead of...
- 18:29 Five people taken to hospital after smash on A75 near Annan
- 18:19 The Furminator: Hard-as-nails cat "still purring' despite shotgun...
- 18:15 TRANSFER NEWS: Ex-Chelsea man SNUBS Man Utd, Liverpool and...