Tributes to Staincliffe teenager who died in his first week at Mirfield Free Grammar
A TEENAGER died after suffering a suspected asthma attack on his second day at a new school.
Hannan Ahmed, 13, joined year nine at Mirfield Free Grammar on Tuesday. He was previously at Batley Business and Enterprise College.
He collapsed during lessons on Wednesday and died at Dewsbury and District Hospital in the early hours of yesterday.
Ian Dutton, headteacher at BBEC, said Hannan was a keen footballer and very popular at the school.
“He was a real pleasure to be with,” Mr Dutton said.
“We will always remember Hannan with his wide smile, his engaging conversation and his passion for enjoying life.”
MFG principal Lorraine Barker said Hannan, of Staincliffe, suffered a suspected... read more
- 10:05 Police refer themselves to watchdog after teenager is killed by...
- 10:04 Live for today: We turn the tables on Amy Harris, the BBC's news...
- 10:03 Firefighter in critical condition after falling through roof while...
- 10:02 City morning headlines: Bank of England to set out terms of next...
- 10:02 Workers lack confidence in pay forecasts
- 09:58 Free Sailing As Lincolnshire Gets Set To Push The Boat Out!
- 09:56 Free Sailing As Nottinghamshire Gets Set To Push The Boat Out!
- 09:55 Rihanna plays down Leonardo DiCaprio relationship rumours saying...
- 09:52 Free Sailing As Derbyshire & Peaks Gets Set To Push The Boat Out!
- 09:50 Leicestershire & Rutland Gets Set To Push The Boat Out!