Tributes to Staincliffe teenager who died in his first week at Mirfield Free Grammar
A TEENAGER died after suffering a suspected asthma attack on his second day at a new school.
Hannan Ahmed, 13, joined year nine at Mirfield Free Grammar on Tuesday. He was previously at Batley Business and Enterprise College.
He collapsed during lessons on Wednesday and died at Dewsbury and District Hospital in the early hours of yesterday.
Ian Dutton, headteacher at BBEC, said Hannan was a keen footballer and very popular at the school.
“He was a real pleasure to be with,” Mr Dutton said.
“We will always remember Hannan with his wide smile, his engaging conversation and his passion for enjoying life.”
MFG principal Lorraine Barker said Hannan, of Staincliffe, suffered a suspected... read more
Most read news
- 12:14 New £500k sea defence scheme to boost flood protection
- 12:13 Drugs raids hailed a success as 18 charged
- 11:57 How far have Tottenham Hotspur come since sacking Harry Redknapp?
- 11:56 True Facts About Marsupials
- 11:50 Little Mix’s oldest fan celebrates her 100th birthday
- 11:49 This hilarious Ed Woodward cartoon sums up Manchester United...
- 11:46 Dentist left in limbo for 10 years over new Sunderland bridge plans
- 11:31 Arsenal close on Olympiakos defender Kostas Manolas after fresh...
- 11:19 Arsenal to increase William Carvalho bid if they overcome Besiktas...
- 11:16 Arsenal lining up transfer offer for Southampton star Victor Wanyama