Tributes to Staincliffe teenager who died in his first week at Mirfield Free Grammar
A TEENAGER died after suffering a suspected asthma attack on his second day at a new school.
Hannan Ahmed, 13, joined year nine at Mirfield Free Grammar on Tuesday. He was previously at Batley Business and Enterprise College.
He collapsed during lessons on Wednesday and died at Dewsbury and District Hospital in the early hours of yesterday.
Ian Dutton, headteacher at BBEC, said Hannan was a keen footballer and very popular at the school.
“He was a real pleasure to be with,” Mr Dutton said.
“We will always remember Hannan with his wide smile, his engaging conversation and his passion for enjoying life.”
MFG principal Lorraine Barker said Hannan, of Staincliffe, suffered a suspected... read more
Most read news
- 21:23 Berkshire's Buffett says would buy few tech stocks currently - BBG TV
- 21:20 Philippe Legrain: 'The eurozone crisis has tipped many into...
- 21:18 Memorial for Cottesmore Hunt president Lord Kimball
- 21:15 All a-bard! It’s Shakes on a plane: Comedy troupe act out...
- 21:14 Palestinian Unity Deal 'Threat To Peace Talks'
- 21:11 France deficit plan treads fine line, betting on growth
- 21:05 Man detained after 'threatening to set himself alight' at Hounslow...
- 20:58 Julie wants quick end to the six-day livestock rule
- 19:35 Liverpool FC eye key Chelsea victory and Suarez can have say
- 16:47 Liverpool owners 'absolutely delighted' and set to reward Brendan...