Tributes to Staincliffe teenager who died in his first week at Mirfield Free Grammar
A TEENAGER died after suffering a suspected asthma attack on his second day at a new school.
Hannan Ahmed, 13, joined year nine at Mirfield Free Grammar on Tuesday. He was previously at Batley Business and Enterprise College.
He collapsed during lessons on Wednesday and died at Dewsbury and District Hospital in the early hours of yesterday.
Ian Dutton, headteacher at BBEC, said Hannan was a keen footballer and very popular at the school.
“He was a real pleasure to be with,” Mr Dutton said.
“We will always remember Hannan with his wide smile, his engaging conversation and his passion for enjoying life.”
MFG principal Lorraine Barker said Hannan, of Staincliffe, suffered a suspected... read more
Most read news
- 19:08 'We're in limbo': the families marooned at a British air base for...
- 19:04 The Scotsman games review: FIFA 15
- 18:58 Rising UK borrowing leaves no room for pre-election sweeteners
- 18:52 CSKA Moscow 2 - Man City 2: English champions on brink of Euro exit...
- 18:41 Do Baggies fans like Mondays after Manchester United point?
- 18:40 LINE-UPS: Loic Remy starts for Chelsea in Maribor clash as Kurt...
- 18:27 Manchester United receive huge boost as Colombia World Cup star is...
- 18:27 Wetherby schools could be set for expansion
- 18:02 Sir Alex Ferguson: David Moyes 'did not realise how big a club'...
- 17:38 Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal to MISS OUT on Marco Reus