Tributes to Staincliffe teenager who died in his first week at Mirfield Free Grammar
A TEENAGER died after suffering a suspected asthma attack on his second day at a new school.
Hannan Ahmed, 13, joined year nine at Mirfield Free Grammar on Tuesday. He was previously at Batley Business and Enterprise College.
He collapsed during lessons on Wednesday and died at Dewsbury and District Hospital in the early hours of yesterday.
Ian Dutton, headteacher at BBEC, said Hannan was a keen footballer and very popular at the school.
“He was a real pleasure to be with,” Mr Dutton... read more
- 12:23 Theo Walcott warns Chelsea "something special' will happen at...
- 12:12 Driver dies after car hits lamppost in East Lothian
- 12:10 Author Julia Donaldson gearing up for Fringe run
- 11:52 Women's FA Cup: Emma Hayes out to join Jose Mourinho as Chelsea...
- 11:51 Family of Lincolnshire soldier receive jihad death threat through...
- 11:48 Hull City transfer talk: Arsenal's Chuba Akpom to join Isaac Hayden
- 11:47 End of an era as Chesterfield’s long-running Sunshine Nursery closes
- 11:46 Manchester United and PSG close to agreeing deal for Angel di Maria...
- 11:37 Football coach Josh scores nominations in scheme to honour...
- 11:00 Helicopter search for woman missing from Fleet Hargate