Tributes to Staincliffe teenager who died in his first week at Mirfield Free Grammar
A TEENAGER died after suffering a suspected asthma attack on his second day at a new school.
Hannan Ahmed, 13, joined year nine at Mirfield Free Grammar on Tuesday. He was previously at Batley Business and Enterprise College.
He collapsed during lessons on Wednesday and died at Dewsbury and District Hospital in the early hours of yesterday.
Ian Dutton, headteacher at BBEC, said Hannan was a keen footballer and very popular at the school.
“He was a real pleasure to be with,” Mr Dutton said.
“We will always remember Hannan with his wide smile, his engaging conversation and his passion for enjoying life.”
MFG principal Lorraine Barker said Hannan, of Staincliffe, suffered a suspected... read more
Most read news
- 21:09 Canada suspends visas for residents of west African Ebola outbreak...
- 20:52 Hello Kitty conference brings Japanese kitsch to Los Angeles
- 20:43 Canada dismemberment killer had troubled childhood, his father says
- 20:43 Eleven dead, over 45 injured in Honduras bus accident
- 20:28 TRANSFER NEWS: Khedira to Man Utd, Arsenal's Hummels DEAL, Chelsea...
- 19:18 Man Utd target Mats Hummels on the VERGE of joining Arsenal
- 19:05 Tottenham striker Harry Kane could make first Premier League start...
- 18:13 Man Utd News: Falcao ruled out of derby, Rooney fit, Red Devils...
- 17:21 Cheslea and Arsenal on RED ALERT as Man Utd move a step closer to...
- 15:55 Arsenal receive MASSIVE boost in their pursuit of Sporting Lisbon ace