Tributes to Staincliffe teenager who died in his first week at Mirfield Free Grammar
A TEENAGER died after suffering a suspected asthma attack on his second day at a new school.
Hannan Ahmed, 13, joined year nine at Mirfield Free Grammar on Tuesday. He was previously at Batley Business and Enterprise College.
He collapsed during lessons on Wednesday and died at Dewsbury and District Hospital in the early hours of yesterday.
Ian Dutton, headteacher at BBEC, said Hannan was a keen footballer and very popular at the school.
“He was a real pleasure to be with,” Mr Dutton said.
“We will always remember Hannan with his wide smile, his engaging conversation and his passion for enjoying life.”
MFG principal Lorraine Barker said Hannan, of Staincliffe, suffered a suspected... read more
Most read news
- 08:15 Former Watford FC man is ready for serious business of promotion at...
- 08:14 Art gallery opens in Buxton
- 08:09 £28m man! Everton plan to make history with Romelu Lukaku
- 08:09 Greg Rutherford leaps to defence after adding Commonwealth gold to...
- 08:09 Liverpool 2 - Manchester City 2: (3-1 pens): Jovetic takes plaudits...
- 08:09 James Anderson isn't afraid to shoot from lip again
- 08:08 India's Tata to invest $35bn over next three years
- 08:08 Portas chair stands down
- 07:49 TRANSFER NEWS: Chelsea sell Lukaku, Zaha blasts Moyes, Southampton...
- 07:48 Traffic and travel news, July 31, 7.30am