Tributes to Staincliffe teenager who died in his first week at Mirfield Free Grammar
A TEENAGER died after suffering a suspected asthma attack on his second day at a new school.
Hannan Ahmed, 13, joined year nine at Mirfield Free Grammar on Tuesday. He was previously at Batley Business and Enterprise College.
He collapsed during lessons on Wednesday and died at Dewsbury and District Hospital in the early hours of yesterday.
Ian Dutton, headteacher at BBEC, said Hannan was a keen footballer and very popular at the school.
“He was a real pleasure to be with,” Mr Dutton said.
“We will always remember Hannan with his wide smile, his engaging conversation and his passion for enjoying life.”
MFG principal Lorraine Barker said Hannan, of Staincliffe, suffered a suspected... read more
Most read news
- 23:32 What you SHOULD have on your plate: We've already been told to...
- 23:20 Cameron-Appointed Quango Chief Resigns
- 23:18 Three bailed over Fegg Hayes stabbing
- 23:17 Spot the dog goes on an incredible journey
- 23:12 Easter fun at wildlife spot
- 23:10 UPDATED: Police confirm “all occupants fine” after accident on A45...
- 22:47 Race for Life: What is cancer? And how a brave little girl named...
- 22:47 Ann Budge: No quick fix for Hearts
- 22:47 Celtic chasing Nick Powell
- 22:42 Sunday's National Newspaper Front Pages