Tributes to Staincliffe teenager who died in his first week at Mirfield Free Grammar
A TEENAGER died after suffering a suspected asthma attack on his second day at a new school.
Hannan Ahmed, 13, joined year nine at Mirfield Free Grammar on Tuesday. He was previously at Batley Business and Enterprise College.
He collapsed during lessons on Wednesday and died at Dewsbury and District Hospital in the early hours of yesterday.
Ian Dutton, headteacher at BBEC, said Hannan was a keen footballer and very popular at the school.
“He was a real pleasure to be with,” Mr Dutton... read more
- 10:53 6 reasons why Joel Campbell can solve Arsenal's striker problems
- 10:50 Female cyclist seriously injured in crash on A15 at Market Deeping
- 10:47 Something fishy is going on at Guy’s
- 10:46 Route details revealed for world triathlon event in Leeds
- 10:46 Rico Rodriguez : The Specials' trombonist dies aged 80
- 10:45 Christmas Cracker Express, Christmas Carol Trains and Santa...
- 10:42 Mike Pejic: Stoke were victims of growing gamesmanship and conning
- 10:41 Teenage cyclist seriously injured after colliding with Royal Mail...
- 10:38 Bat man's text threats: Hull court listings (September 5 2015)
- 10:37 Drowned Syrian boy Aylan Kurdi remembered in powerful sand...