Tsunami warning lifted in Japan after strong earthquake
FEARS of another natural disaster have eased slightly in Japan after a tsunami warning was lifted following a strong earthquake off the north east coast.
• Two people hurt but there are no immediate reports of serious damage
• A tsunami of one metre hit Ishinomaki at 9.02am UK time
The magnitude 7.3 quake struck offshore at 8:18am, UK time, causing buildings across much of Japan to sway.
There were no immediate reports of serious damage but two people were hurt.
After the quake,... read more
- 17:10 Pub will re-open next week
- 16:52 Former Chelsea and Real Madrid chief lined up to replace Nigel...
- 16:52 Clinton attracts young, enthusiastic supporters – with money to spend
- 16:44 LEEDS UNITED: Will Chris Wood signing spark Sheffield United and...
- 16:40 Arsenal "to beat Manchester United to William Carvalho transfer'
- 16:19 Manchester United make official £20m bid for Arsenal target Morgan...
- 15:50 Revealed: Why Southampton sold Man United target Nathaniel Clyne to...
- 14:47 Tottenham to swoop for James McCarthy with midfielder frustrated at...
- 13:49 Man United defender reveals delight at completing medical and...
- 12:57 DONE DEAL: Manchester United miss out on international centre-back