Tsunami warning lifted in Japan after strong earthquake
FEARS of another natural disaster have eased slightly in Japan after a tsunami warning was lifted following a strong earthquake off the north east coast.
• Two people hurt but there are no immediate reports of serious damage
• A tsunami of one metre hit Ishinomaki at 9.02am UK time
The magnitude 7.3 quake struck offshore at 8:18am, UK time, causing buildings across much of Japan to sway.
There were no immediate reports of serious damage but two people were hurt.
After the quake,... read more
- 23:00 Exclusive: Chelsea will have to break the British transfer record...
- 22:45 Premier League sides have found a way of dealing with...
- 22:45 Thierry Henry, Eric Cantona and David Ginola are my idols... they...
- 22:45 Deal or no deal on TTIP?
- 22:36 RUTH SUNDERLAND: We may have no sway over Chinese economy but we do...
- 22:36 INVESTMENT EXTRA: Investors should remember their history and...
- 22:32 Former Liverpool player Ryan Babel makes sexist remark to Twitter user
- 22:31 Jorge Lorenzo: I enjoy beating Valentino Rossi more than any other...
- 22:28 Pro-Kurdish MPs join Turkey cabinet
- 21:31 Guinness World Records confident of future as it celebrates 60th...