Tsunami warning lifted in Japan after strong earthquake
FEARS of another natural disaster have eased slightly in Japan after a tsunami warning was lifted following a strong earthquake off the north east coast.
• Two people hurt but there are no immediate reports of serious damage
• A tsunami of one metre hit Ishinomaki at 9.02am UK time
The magnitude 7.3 quake struck offshore at 8:18am, UK time, causing buildings across much of Japan to sway.
There were no immediate reports of serious damage but two people were hurt.
After the quake, authorities issued a warning that a tsunami potentially as high as two metres could hit. Ishinomaki, a city... read more
- 20:43 Stoke City chairman Peter Coates offers condolences after death of...
- 20:35 Manchester United star: I'm upset Louis van Gaal sold this player
- 20:32 Lancaster based woman pleads guilty to illegal tooth whitening
- 20:32 Gran, 82, completes 500-mile Spain
- 20:31 Is this the 'least Scouse' Scouser (at the Tory conference) of all...
- 19:33 Jurgen Klopp should snub Liverpool for Sunderland, says...
- 19:10 Arsenal News: Striker done deal, defender signs, Giroud struggles...
- 18:26 Ex-boss on Chelsea: Terry and Cahill are done as players and...
- 17:14 Former Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez makes outrageous claim about...
- 17:14 Theo Walcott, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Calum Chambers are a...