U.S. FCC extends review of Verizon cable deal
The FCC said it would add 21 days to what is typically a 180-day review because Verizon Wireless and the cable operators failed to meet filing deadlines for additional information the agency requested.
The agency is on the 103rd day of its review of Verizon Wireless's plan to buy about $3.9 billion (2.4 billion pounds) worth of wireless airwaves from cable companies including Comcast Corp (CMCSA.O) and Time Warner Cable Inc (TWC.N).
The cable operators would be allowed to resell Verizon's mobile service as part of the deals.
"This brief extension keeps the review process moving and on track, and provides additional time for parties to review the submitted documents," said... read more
Most read news
- 05:32 Family tribute to murdered soldier
- 05:32 Two held in hospital gun alert
- 05:29 Stone Temple Pilots sue ex-frontman
- 05:27 Stone Temple Pilots sue ex-frontman
- 05:26 Warwickshire Police officer charged with misconduct and harassment
- 05:25 Stone Temple Pilots sue ex-frontman
- 05:21 Family tribute to murdered soldier
- 05:21 Police on alert for EDL parade
- 05:18 Stone Temple Pilots sue ex-frontman
- 05:15 Stone Temple Pilots sue ex-frontman