Volunteers call from rape crisis helpline
A Northumberland sexual violence project is on the look-out for women to volunteer on their Rape Crisis Helpline.
Grace runs the helpline, which operates from Morpeth on a Wednesday evening from 6pm to 8.30pm, in conjunction with Tyneside Rape Crisis Centre. They are looking for women who can provide three hours of time at least once a fortnight.
Volunteers do not have to have experience in either offering helpline support or an understanding of the issues surrounding rape and sexual violence, but have personal qualities such as being able to listen and not to judge the women who call. An extensive training programme is offered.
Anyone interested is asked to contact Andrea Perrett,... read more
Most read news
- 08:45 Chelsea take on Arsenal and Spurs in race to sign Balotelli
- 08:45 RVs in the desert, Walter White's house and (legal) highs: New...
- 08:44 The Grand Budapest Hotel is rather pleased with itself - but its...
- 08:44 Cycle star is top class
- 08:43 Traffic/Travel news - March 7, 8.30am. Spring Lane, Sprotborough...
- 08:43 DON’T PANIC – Hartlepool Utd boss taking care of business after...
- 08:42 'Bitcoin Founder' Denies Role Amid Tax Threat
- 08:39 Joey Essex is making a bid to become a rap star - yes, you did hear...
- 08:39 Six Nations 2014: England v Wales: Alun Wyn Jones holds special...
- 08:34 Extraordinary collection raises £3m on first day