Volunteers call from rape crisis helpline
A Northumberland sexual violence project is on the look-out for women to volunteer on their Rape Crisis Helpline.
Grace runs the helpline, which operates from Morpeth on a Wednesday evening from 6pm to 8.30pm, in conjunction with Tyneside Rape Crisis Centre. They are looking for women who can provide three hours of time at least once a fortnight.
Volunteers do not have to have experience in either offering helpline support or an understanding of the issues surrounding rape and sexual violence, but have personal qualities such as being able to listen and not to judge the women who call. An extensive training programme is offered.
Anyone interested is asked to contact Andrea Perrett,... read more
Most read news
- 10:17 India Knight: ‘Chick lit is in its death throes’
- 10:16 Review: Sam Smith, O2 ABC, Glasgow
- 10:16 One Direction, Coldplay and Ed Sheeran sign up for first BBC Music...
- 10:04 Arsenal train 'very hard', insists Arsene Wenger as boss dismisses...
- 09:53 FTSE slips as pharmaceutical and telecoms shares under pressure
- 09:44 TRANSFER NEWS: Valdes to sign 18-month deal at Man Utd, Liverpool...
- 09:42 Chelsea transfer news: Blues will have to pay £63m to land Paul Pogba
- 09:29 Man killed in Hebden Bridge hit-and-run
- 09:20 TRANSFER NEWS: Man Utd land Valdes, Khedira to Arsenal, Balotelli...
- 08:44 Manchester United transfer gossip: Valdes rejects deal, Strootman...