Volunteers call from rape crisis helpline
A Northumberland sexual violence project is on the look-out for women to volunteer on their Rape Crisis Helpline.
Grace runs the helpline, which operates from Morpeth on a Wednesday evening from 6pm to 8.30pm, in conjunction with Tyneside Rape Crisis Centre. They are looking for women who can provide three hours of time at least once a fortnight.
Volunteers do not have to have experience in either offering helpline support or an understanding of the issues surrounding rape and sexual violence, but have personal qualities such as being able to listen and not to judge the women who call. An extensive training programme is offered.
Anyone interested is asked to contact Andrea Perrett,... read more
Most read news
- 01:22 How Lloyds bit the hand that fed it
- 01:20 Appeal to find missing teen
- 01:17 Struggling to peg out the washing? Handwriting getting smaller? You...
- 01:17 Infection that kills 200 times more patients than MRSA superbug:...
- 01:17 Thinking of having 'the snip'? Read this man's excruciating story...
- 01:10 Police arrest four in beating death of China grad student near USC
- 01:05 Hamas Leader's House 'Hit By Israeli Missile'
- 00:56 Jade Jagger conned out of £30,000 worth of jewellery
- 00:54 Trader takes punt on taxis in Argentina
- 00:54 Nomura assets seized over Sicily fraud