Volunteers call from rape crisis helpline
A Northumberland sexual violence project is on the look-out for women to volunteer on their Rape Crisis Helpline.
Grace runs the helpline, which operates from Morpeth on a Wednesday evening from 6pm to 8.30pm, in conjunction with Tyneside Rape Crisis Centre. They are looking for women who can provide three hours of time at least once a fortnight.
Volunteers do not have to have experience in either offering helpline support or an understanding of the issues surrounding rape and sexual violence, but have personal qualities such as being able to listen and not to judge the women who call. An extensive training programme is offered.
Anyone interested is asked to contact Andrea Perrett,... read more
Most read news
- 16:38 Are criminals watching you have sex?
- 16:38 Listing for historic Fylde coast institute
- 16:33 Reread: Bus lane meeting at Liverpool Council
- 16:32 Liverpool abandon Karim Benzema interest in favour of £31m Gonzalo...
- 16:23 Video: Pendle Hippodrome Theatre marks 100th birthday
- 16:21 Clegg Summons China Ambassador Over Demos
- 16:21 White House Breach 'Will Never Happen Again'
- 16:10 Manchester United to make £51m double transfer bid for Arturo Vidal...
- 16:01 City shopping centre sold for £22m
- 14:17 Alan Pardew, average players and a lack of ambition from Mike...