Volunteers call from rape crisis helpline
A Northumberland sexual violence project is on the look-out for women to volunteer on their Rape Crisis Helpline.
Grace runs the helpline, which operates from Morpeth on a Wednesday evening from 6pm to 8.30pm, in conjunction with Tyneside Rape Crisis Centre. They are looking for women who can provide three hours of time at least once a fortnight.
Volunteers do not have to have experience in either offering helpline support or an understanding of the issues surrounding rape and sexual violence, but have personal qualities such as being able to listen and not to judge the women who call. An extensive training programme is offered.
Anyone interested is asked to contact Andrea Perrett,... read more
Most read news
- 09:28 Wooler 1-2 Willington Quay
- 09:11 Your Tuesday morning report for West Yorkshire
- 09:11 Clean team sweep in
- 09:09 Clean team sweep in
- 09:05 Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho FUMING with Vicente del Bosque
- 09:05 Clean team sweep in
- 09:03 In pictures: Our picture editor selects the best images from around...
- 09:03 Friends take on Sunderland Neon Run to support cancer battler
- 08:56 Keith Vaz ‘astounded’ by former Rotherham children’s services boss...
- 08:36 Apple earnings beat on strong iPhones sales- but iPad volumes slip