Volunteers call from rape crisis helpline
A Northumberland sexual violence project is on the look-out for women to volunteer on their Rape Crisis Helpline.
Grace runs the helpline, which operates from Morpeth on a Wednesday evening from 6pm to 8.30pm, in conjunction with Tyneside Rape Crisis Centre. They are looking for women who can provide three hours of time at least once a fortnight.
Volunteers do not have to have experience in either offering helpline support or an understanding of the issues surrounding rape and sexual violence, but have personal qualities such as being able to listen and not to judge the women who call. An extensive training programme is offered.
Anyone interested is asked to contact Andrea Perrett,... read more
Most read news
- 11:06 Why Sunderland could be set for a thrilling end to the transfer window
- 11:04 Fire crews called to collision involving two cars and a caravan in...
- 10:59 Marco Reus lets slip Shinji Kagawa is making Borussia Dortmund...
- 10:56 Buoyant DIY investing giant Hargreaves Lansdown 'poised to apply...
- 10:56 MIDAS SHARE TIPS UPDATE: Patent translator RWS Holdings is still...
- 10:49 LETTER: Worthy of street name recognition
- 10:48 LETTER: Worthy of street name recognition
- 10:41 Why Newcastle United must sack Alan Pardew
- 10:30 Berwick Bandits 52-43 Redcar Bears
- 10:15 Robin van Persie in line for knee operation as Manchester United...