Volunteers call from rape crisis helpline
A Northumberland sexual violence project is on the look-out for women to volunteer on their Rape Crisis Helpline.
Grace runs the helpline, which operates from Morpeth on a Wednesday evening from 6pm to 8.30pm, in conjunction with Tyneside Rape Crisis Centre. They are looking for women who can provide three hours of time at least once a fortnight.
Volunteers do not have to have experience in either offering helpline support or an understanding of the issues surrounding rape and sexual violence, but have personal qualities such as being able to listen and not to judge the women who call. An extensive training programme is offered.
Anyone interested is asked to contact Andrea Perrett,... read more
Most read news
- 01:41 Wine Fuhrer! Bottle of plonk with birthday boy Adolf Hitler's face...
- 01:32 Missing Ferry Boy: "I'm Alive ... Please Save Us"
- 01:30 Survivors still alive on South Korean ferry - father
- 01:30 Nigerian military says most of abducted schoolgirls freed, eight...
- 01:30 U.S. calls for more investment-friendly Indian government
- 00:58 No lamb detected in 'lamb' products
- 00:38 Gloves are on for Arsenal’s final decision as Wojciech Szczesny...
- 00:38 Borussia Dortmund forward Marco Reus likes the sound of joining...
- 00:23 Yahoo nominates three new members to board
- 23:41 Mad Men series 7, TV review: The suits are still sharp, but Don...