Volunteers call from rape crisis helpline
A Northumberland sexual violence project is on the look-out for women to volunteer on their Rape Crisis Helpline.
Grace runs the helpline, which operates from Morpeth on a Wednesday evening from 6pm to 8.30pm, in conjunction with Tyneside Rape Crisis Centre. They are looking for women who can provide three hours of time at least once a fortnight.
Volunteers do not have to have experience in either offering helpline support or an understanding of the issues surrounding rape and sexual violence, but have personal qualities such as being able to listen and not to judge the women who call. An extensive training programme is offered.
Anyone interested is asked to contact Andrea Perrett,... read more
- 04:34 Travel: Game Of Thrones country, Northern Ireland
- 04:31 North Ferriby United v Wrexham FA Trophy final: Billy Heath on the...
- 04:19 Lidl, Tesco, Debenhams and Biscuiteers: The best Easter eggs
- 04:14 Australia vs New Zealand LIVE: Cricket World Cup 2015 final as...
- 04:13 Cricket World Cup final 2015 LIVE Australia vs New Zealand: Follow...
- 03:33 'He didn't mention that he had a fiancée': Swedish model Martina...
- 03:27 From bus running to bean counting and Take off for Dewar
- 03:22 Raith Rovers 2 Hibernian 1: Profligacy exposes failings
- 03:22 Paris match keeps Rhodes' spirits up
- 02:37 Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard and a host of football's biggest...