Volunteers call from rape crisis helpline
A Northumberland sexual violence project is on the look-out for women to volunteer on their Rape Crisis Helpline.
Grace runs the helpline, which operates from Morpeth on a Wednesday evening from 6pm to 8.30pm, in conjunction with Tyneside Rape Crisis Centre. They are looking for women who can provide three hours of time at least once a fortnight.
Volunteers do not have to have experience in either offering helpline support or an understanding of the issues surrounding rape and sexual violence, but have personal qualities such as being able to listen and not to judge the women who call. An extensive training programme is offered.
Anyone interested is asked to contact Andrea Perrett,... read more
Most read news
- 09:57 Liverpool to outbid Arsenal in transfer race for Barcelona star Pedro
- 09:56 Heavy rain set to move in as temperatures take a dip
- 09:55 Terror Warning: Brits Not Safe Anywhere In World
- 09:53 Big City Plan: A vision for Birmingham
- 09:53 Schools suffer from abusive parents
- 09:53 The gifs that keep on giving: Andy Murray, Miralem Pjanic and crazy...
- 09:49 Police to stop handing out cautions
- 09:48 Roadworks forced residents to drive wrong way down dual carriageway...
- 09:47 Mindless vandals attack play equipment in Scartho Park, Grimsby
- 09:46 Fund set up in memory of ‘gentleman’ of Sunderland football