Volunteers call from rape crisis helpline
A Northumberland sexual violence project is on the look-out for women to volunteer on their Rape Crisis Helpline.
Grace runs the helpline, which operates from Morpeth on a Wednesday evening from 6pm to 8.30pm, in conjunction with Tyneside Rape Crisis Centre. They are looking for women who can provide three hours of time at least once a fortnight.
Volunteers do not have to have experience in either offering helpline support or an understanding of the issues surrounding rape and sexual violence, but have personal qualities such as being able to listen and not to judge the women who call. An extensive training programme is offered.
Anyone interested is asked to contact Andrea Perrett,... read more
- 18:54 The Voice UK: Hull singers audition at Park Street Arts Centre...
- 18:34 Boat in rush-hour crash on the A46 in Lincoln
- 18:21 Man fights for his life after Sunderland street battle – four arrested
- 18:14 Southampton: We don't want to sell Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool and...
- 18:07 Santander misses its target for UK business customers by a wide margin
- 17:51 Arsenal and Liverpool's transfer plans in RUINS as French...
- 16:43 Harry Redknapp: Arsenal can BEAT Chelsea to the title... if they...
- 16:19 Man United make huge club announcement after in-house disagreements
- 15:52 Man United and Chelsea reveal INCREDIBLE summer plans
- 15:23 Manchester United "eye transfer swap deal to land Russian star...