Volunteers call from rape crisis helpline
A Northumberland sexual violence project is on the look-out for women to volunteer on their Rape Crisis Helpline.
Grace runs the helpline, which operates from Morpeth on a Wednesday evening from 6pm to 8.30pm, in conjunction with Tyneside Rape Crisis Centre. They are looking for women who can provide three hours of time at least once a fortnight.
Volunteers do not have to have experience in either offering helpline support or an understanding of the issues surrounding rape and sexual violence, but have personal qualities such as being able to listen and not to judge the women who call. An extensive training programme is offered.
Anyone interested is asked to contact Andrea Perrett,... read more
Most read news
- 16:46 South Shields judo star Sarah Clark makes Commonwealth final
- 16:45 Cheering robots replace real fans at Korean baseball
- 16:43 Bulgaria risks turning bank woes into 'gold mine' for blackmail -...
- 16:34 Georgina Oakley named as victim of fatal Baddeley Green crash
- 16:01 Arsenal wonderkid Gedion Zelalem scores absolutely incredible...
- 15:15 What can Manchester United realistically expect to achieve this...
- 14:41 Liverpool transfer news: Reds 'in talks' to sign Benfica winger...
- 13:54 Manchester United in new transfer talks for PSG striker Edinson Cavani
- 12:50 Hatts Coaches: Jobs go and hundreds of customers hit
- 11:04 Angel Di Maria "to decide on Manchester United transfer within hours'