Volunteers call from rape crisis helpline
A Northumberland sexual violence project is on the look-out for women to volunteer on their Rape Crisis Helpline.
Grace runs the helpline, which operates from Morpeth on a Wednesday evening from 6pm to 8.30pm, in conjunction with Tyneside Rape Crisis Centre. They are looking for women who can provide three hours of time at least once a fortnight.
Volunteers do not have to have experience in either offering helpline support or an understanding of the issues surrounding rape and sexual violence, but have personal qualities such as being able to listen and not to judge the women who call. An extensive training programme is offered.
Anyone interested is asked to contact Andrea Perrett,... read more
- 15:31 Sun shines on indie food festival’s Leeds Feast closing party
- 15:30 Update: Police officer seriously injured at illegal rave at Twyford...
- 15:30 Oil workers forced from new homes following collapse of a...
- 15:25 Iran will allow UN nuclear inspectors to visit military sites,...
- 15:23 Iraqi forces lack will to fight - Ashton Carter
- 15:17 Barcelona break with 115 years of tradition with blue and red...
- 15:16 Libyan government warplanes attack ship near port - air force...
- 15:08 This one picture perfectly sums up Liverpool's entire season
- 12:53 Mats Hummels: Why I SNUBBED Manchester United
- 12:20 DONE DEAL: Club confirms Liverpool trialist has signed two-year...