Volunteers call from rape crisis helpline
A Northumberland sexual violence project is on the look-out for women to volunteer on their Rape Crisis Helpline.
Grace runs the helpline, which operates from Morpeth on a Wednesday evening from 6pm to 8.30pm, in conjunction with Tyneside Rape Crisis Centre. They are looking for women who can provide three hours of time at least once a fortnight.
Volunteers do not have to have experience in either offering helpline support or an understanding of the issues surrounding rape and sexual violence, but have personal qualities such as being able to listen and not to judge the women who call. An extensive training programme is offered.
Anyone interested is asked to contact Andrea Perrett,... read more
Most read news
- 18:17 Premier League: Tottenham vs West Brom match preview
- 18:17 Premier League: Aston Villa vs Arsenal match preview
- 18:17 Premier League: Leicester City vs Manchester United match preview
- 17:18 Five solutions to Arsenal's defensive midfield problems
- 17:15 MTV Crashes: Katy B pulls out of gig following death of brother
- 16:51 GALLERY: Fire at Southview Leisure Park in Skegness
- 16:46 Fabio Borini scores sensational top-corner screamer during...
- 16:37 Liverpool starlet "Suso agrees to join AC Milan on permanent deal'
- 16:06 Firefighters tackle blaze at Southview Leisure Park in Skegness
- 14:15 Two 18-year-old men arrested after a man's body is found in...