Volunteers call from rape crisis helpline
A Northumberland sexual violence project is on the look-out for women to volunteer on their Rape Crisis Helpline.
Grace runs the helpline, which operates from Morpeth on a Wednesday evening from 6pm to 8.30pm, in conjunction with Tyneside Rape Crisis Centre. They are looking for women who can provide three hours of time at least once a fortnight.
Volunteers do not have to have experience in either offering helpline support or an understanding of the issues surrounding rape and sexual violence, but have personal qualities such as being able to listen and not to judge the women who call. An extensive training programme is offered.
Anyone interested is asked to contact Andrea Perrett,... read more
Most read news
- 02:57 Comment: Make a resolution you can stick to
- 02:49 Text Santa delivers £5.5m present
- 02:45 Wolds Diary: Smell of a motorbike evokes happy memories
- 02:34 Sustrans seeks wildlife volunteers
- 02:34 Farm that provides all the seasonal trimmings
- 02:32 Flood Victims Hit By Huge Insurance Quotes
- 02:32 FASHION FIX: Be the belle of the ball
- 02:15 Matlock businesses honoured for MoD support
- 02:12 TRANSFER NEWS: Man Utd double deal, £20m Liverpool target talks,...
- 02:12 Deal! Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd target Stephan Lichtsteiner...