Volunteers call from rape crisis helpline
A Northumberland sexual violence project is on the look-out for women to volunteer on their Rape Crisis Helpline.
Grace runs the helpline, which operates from Morpeth on a Wednesday evening from 6pm to 8.30pm, in conjunction with Tyneside Rape Crisis Centre. They are looking for women who can provide three hours of time at least once a fortnight.
Volunteers do not have to have experience in either offering helpline support or an understanding of the issues surrounding rape and sexual violence, but have personal qualities such as being able to listen and not to judge the women who call. An extensive training programme is offered.
Anyone interested is asked to contact Andrea Perrett,... read more
Most read news
- 05:11 Tough-talking Steph has tissues at the ready for Children of...
- 05:11 Budding writers helped to bloom at city’s Lit Fest
- 05:04 New club aims to ‘bridge the gap’ in loneliness services for the...
- 04:59 DNA Clears Brothers After 30 Years In Prison
- 04:58 Crew of doomed South Korea ferry drank beer while awaiting rescue -...
- 04:46 India's bright GDP just a small step in long road to sustained revival
- 04:46 Government to sign 3.5 billion pounds deal with General Dynamics...
- 04:44 Work starts on £4.5m Solihull School sixth form centre
- 04:34 Asian shares rise, dollar on top of the heap
- 03:38 Markets by Rog Wood