Volunteers call from rape crisis helpline
A Northumberland sexual violence project is on the look-out for women to volunteer on their Rape Crisis Helpline.
Grace runs the helpline, which operates from Morpeth on a Wednesday evening from 6pm to 8.30pm, in conjunction with Tyneside Rape Crisis Centre. They are looking for women who can provide three hours of time at least once a fortnight.
Volunteers do not have to have experience in either offering helpline support or an understanding of the issues surrounding rape and sexual violence, but have personal qualities such as being able to listen and not to judge the women who call. An extensive training programme is offered.
Anyone interested is asked to contact Andrea Perrett,... read more
Most read news
- 21:23 Berkshire's Buffett says would buy few tech stocks currently - BBG TV
- 21:20 Philippe Legrain: 'The eurozone crisis has tipped many into...
- 21:18 Memorial for Cottesmore Hunt president Lord Kimball
- 21:15 All a-bard! It’s Shakes on a plane: Comedy troupe act out...
- 21:14 Palestinian Unity Deal 'Threat To Peace Talks'
- 21:11 France deficit plan treads fine line, betting on growth
- 21:05 Man detained after 'threatening to set himself alight' at Hounslow...
- 20:58 Julie wants quick end to the six-day livestock rule
- 19:35 Liverpool FC eye key Chelsea victory and Suarez can have say
- 16:47 Liverpool owners 'absolutely delighted' and set to reward Brendan...