Volunteers call from rape crisis helpline
A Northumberland sexual violence project is on the look-out for women to volunteer on their Rape Crisis Helpline.
Grace runs the helpline, which operates from Morpeth on a Wednesday evening from 6pm to 8.30pm, in conjunction with Tyneside Rape Crisis Centre. They are looking for women who can provide three hours of time at least once a fortnight.
Volunteers do not have to have experience in either offering helpline support or an understanding of the issues surrounding rape and sexual violence, but have personal qualities such as being able to listen and not to judge the women who call. An extensive training programme is offered.
Anyone interested is asked to contact Andrea Perrett,... read more
Most read news
- 08:56 Al Qaeda-linked group claims responsibility for Yemen ministry attack
- 08:52 Teenager Electrocuted In Christmas Accident
- 08:51 Boston flooding captured on video
- 08:50 Boost for small shopkeepers and the High Street as shops, pubs and...
- 08:43 How can health boards ensure digital patient records remain...
- 08:31 Premier League: Manchester United v Newcastle match preview
- 08:22 BUMBLE AT THE TEST: Clarke's batting was a masterclass, Stokes is...
- 08:21 Here comes trouble! Lacey Turner returns to EastEnders to reprise...
- 08:03 I hate Christmas specials. Who's with me?
- 07:58 Aer Lingus says talks break down with union over pensions