Volunteers call from rape crisis helpline
A Northumberland sexual violence project is on the look-out for women to volunteer on their Rape Crisis Helpline.
Grace runs the helpline, which operates from Morpeth on a Wednesday evening from 6pm to 8.30pm, in conjunction with Tyneside Rape Crisis Centre. They are looking for women who can provide three hours of time at least once a fortnight.
Volunteers do not have to have experience in either offering helpline support or an understanding of the issues surrounding rape and sexual violence, but have personal qualities such as being able to listen and not to judge the women who call. An extensive training programme is offered.
Anyone interested is asked to contact Andrea Perrett,... read more
Most read news
- 13:04 Jerry Hall: My family values
- 13:03 Emergency repairs for cracked phones
- 12:42 Manchester United get a fitness boost with Radamel Falcao BACK in...
- 12:35 Smith Commission welfare powers plan ‘watered down’
- 12:30 Finland legalises gay marriage
- 12:27 Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea receive a HUGE boost in the Marco Reus...
- 12:19 Men’s Health Survival of the Fittest: mud, sweat, tears – and beers
- 12:17 Loughborough graduate launches new lifesaving craft thanks to funding
- 11:49 Valencia targeting Champions League return with Man Utd
- 11:37 Arsenal News: Cech update, the FIGHT for Khedira, Wilshere's injury...