Volunteers call from rape crisis helpline
A Northumberland sexual violence project is on the look-out for women to volunteer on their Rape Crisis Helpline.
Grace runs the helpline, which operates from Morpeth on a Wednesday evening from 6pm to 8.30pm, in conjunction with Tyneside Rape Crisis Centre. They are looking for women who can provide three hours of time at least once a fortnight.
Volunteers do not have to have experience in either offering helpline support or an understanding of the issues surrounding rape and sexual violence, but have personal qualities such as being able to listen and not to judge the women who call. An... read more
- 06:46 Mum who lost son is charity ambassador
- 06:46 Cold Chisel, Last Stand of Sydney Entertainment Centre
- 06:45 Mum's search for lost sons could be over after Birmingham Council...
- 06:42 Police not looking for anyone else after Worcestershire pub death
- 06:40 Hugh Jackman's Broadway to Oz, Brisbane
- 06:37 Mark Minichiello ready to do battle for Hull FC after Italian sojourn
- 06:27 Flu fighters unite to beat winter blues
- 06:26 Carstairs longest-serving patient - child killer Sam Glass - has...
- 06:14 John Niven: The mood around Donald Trump is violent, racist and...
- 06:14 Sunday Mail opinion: Decision to hunt down the whistle-blowers was...