Volunteers call from rape crisis helpline
A Northumberland sexual violence project is on the look-out for women to volunteer on their Rape Crisis Helpline.
Grace runs the helpline, which operates from Morpeth on a Wednesday evening from 6pm to 8.30pm, in conjunction with Tyneside Rape Crisis Centre. They are looking for women who can provide three hours of time at least once a fortnight.
Volunteers do not have to have experience in either offering helpline support or an understanding of the issues surrounding rape and sexual violence, but have personal qualities such as being able to listen and not to judge the women who call. An extensive training programme is offered.
Anyone interested is asked to contact Andrea Perrett,... read more
- 20:04 Ma Filleule takes off in Ryanair Chase betting as bookies slash...
- 19:58 Stay at home mums: Spending all day with children is a luxury few...
- 19:57 Agent: Former Chelsea boss Rafael Benitez will RETURN to Liverpool
- 19:51 Haqqani ban still under consideration - Pakistan's U.S. envoy
- 19:50 NHS cash deal: Greater Manchester MPs voice fears in Commons
- 19:50 Public toilets in Carlton Hill up for sale at auction
- 19:46 Will Page: Tributes flood in for Derbyshire dad-to-be killed by car...
- 19:09 Man United target Kevin Strootman reveals future plans
- 19:05 CONFIRMED: Germany midfielder would SIGN for Arsenal in a heartbeat
- 18:09 Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard's three-year-old daughter targeted...