Woman admits drink-driving home after medical scare
DRIVING home after a night out landed a woman with a 12 month driving ban. Cindy Carrier, 23, of Gorse Road, Grantham, admitted being over the drink drive limit on April 5. Police attended Carrier’s home after receiving a report of her driving. She recorded a breath test of 42mcg, the legal limit is 35mcg.
Chris Pye-Smith, defending, said: “This offence was brought about by the situation where she found a lump and was referred for an MRI scan. She consumed more alcohol than she would have normally done and completed her journey.”
Carrier, who lost her job because of the ban, was fined £110 plus £85 costs and £15 victim surcharge.
Most read news
- 03:22 TOON EYE INCE
- 03:16 Gay rally marred by protest chants
- 03:16 Papers made to suspend printing
- 03:16 Congress leader killed in attack
- 03:16 A model date for American teen
- 03:16 Pressure on Israel to curb expansion
- 03:16 Sixth night of unrest flares in Stockholm as youths run amok
- 03:16 France begins Mali exit strategy
- 03:16 Safety fears after radioactive leak
- 03:16 Suicide bomber leaves 11 injured